Housing market misery to continue?

News clip last night , agents said Melbourne prices actually still rose right through 2010 by 10-15% , pretty amazing ! But they expect things will flatten through 11.

Cheers

Don't worry Delta you and me both. The same news only late Dec 10 , was saying numbers were way down everywhere.

Be nice if even just two matched up now and then for once wouldn't it.

My position is simple, I have just one IP. If I can reduce my leverage from 75% to 60%, while I 'wait', and buy with enough deposit to not go over 75%, then I get my second IP. Until that happens I'll keep using the equities market as savings for that 2nd IP. I have good income but not bullish enough to put it on the line. (liquidity is my thought pattern)

I think there is a quite a few doing this, but knowing this how do I make money on this knowledge?

General feel of this forum is flat property market so no harm no hurt. Thats all good, call it conservative.

Delta raises a good point that we, as Australians, are only a commodity bust away from very hard times. We have our eggs in very few baskets. Lets be honest, WA paid for the Australian industrial revolution (well Kalgoorlie paid for that almost single handedly) through to savior from GFC, till now anyway. Australia is a mineral slave...but I start to rant. Just wish we were smart enough to make our major exports something other than the mineral of choice at the time. Point taken on educational services and tourism, but we have had 200 years plus the experience of 'mother' countries to learn the land is a fall back not the primary.

I thought Delta had a good weight/reminder to the otherside of this fulcrum.

And if it gets to 20% unemployment and my investments turn to soggy tar thats hard to remove, well I back myself to be in the top 80% and putting food on the table with a whole new set of life beliefs and a s***ty job.

News clip last night , agents said Melbourne prices actually still rose right through 2010 by 10-15% , pretty amazing ! But they expect things will flatten through 11.[\QUOTE]

Well 2010 was made of two parts... Jan - April when the market was going crazy, and post April, when the market hit the skids.

Waiting to see what the average price is for the year May 2010 - May 2011... probably is not going to pretty.

Don't worry Delta you and me both. The same news only late Dec 10 , was saying numbers were way down everywhere.

Be nice if even just two matched up now and then for once wouldn't it.

Make that 3.... Some creative data manipulation has been happening of late :cool:

Back