How do you tell if you are a true Aussie?

Since we've only been in 'God's Own Country' for 6 months we're not locals, and then was told by a neighbour that we won't be until about the 3rd generation :)

44. Knowing that only a small proportion of us actually throw shrimps on the barbie, but still being proud of the laid-back attitude it represents.

Just found out my son decided to show his patriotism by getting a tattoo of the Southern Cross on his back.....I have only seen a photo taken on his phone so far (lucky for him he lives interstate) but it actually looks ok!

Cheers
Stella

44. Knowing that only a small proportion of us actually throw shrimps on the barbie, but still being proud of the laid-back attitude it represents.

We had a barbie before Xmas and some friends brought their parents who were over from England for a month, they almost fell over backwards when they saw the shrimps being thrown on the barbie and crowded around so they could see:D.

We had a barbie before Xmas and some friends brought their parents who were over from England for a month, they almost fell over backwards when they saw the shrimps being thrown on the barbie and crowded around so they could see:D.

Yanks say "shrimp".

Aussies say "prawns".

The best example of being an Aussie I've heard was from the comedian "Rodney Rude" talking about one of his friends:

"He was so Australian, that Albert Namatjira once f*cked his Auntie!"

Back