How far will Telstra Share Price Rise..

Just wondering do many people in this site hold Telstra Shares,the div's over the years have been very good,we bought in several times and at last we are about even ,from entry prices above $4.75, down too $2.90..
imageChart.axd

Dont own them as their roe / iv is ****.

But, I can't see them doing that well long term. Landlines are going extinct, more companies are getting higher market share on internet services - eg Amcom and iiNet.

Copper network is going the way of the dodo. Most of my clients are on fiber services and so telstra doesn't get the wholesale sales/rents of infrastructure.

They still have good share of mobiles, but they're getting cheaper all the time.

I bought tls in jan. Hope they keep going up! Over 6K up thus far. They got the buy back and higher divi coming up. Hoping for 6 dollar share price before long.

Also Govt to pay tls about 11 bil re NBN. It's a cash bonanza!

Dont own them as their roe / iv is ****.

Yes they went that way for a while,not something I used to bring up at the dinner table each night with my daughters when I bought some in their names trying to teach them about investing and each night they would ask
how much did they go down today Dad..

Partner works in Telstra, let's say the bonus shares they've given her have been doing alright since Thodey's been at the helm :D

I bought tls in jan. Hope they keep going up! Over 6K up thus far. They got the buy back and higher divi coming up. Hoping for 6 dollar share price before long.

$6.00 - great if you purchsed them at $2.90 but for thse who bought T2 at $8 (Yes silly me - first shares purchase and no idea). I cut my losses 15 years ago and sold at $6.40 - I am glad I didn't wait for them to recover.

Too late, the ink is dry on the sales contract so I wouldn't be hoping for much more upside due to the sale (might be a spike when it materialises) then the direction is due south as they will be relying on shrinking income from landlines (only incrementals), resale value generated in NBN and continuing high spend on using the spectrum which they bought when the tv stations were moved from analogue.

I wouldn't be counting on the ink drying Scottie,owning the infrastructure is a ball in there court.Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm sure Telstra have modules in place to counter part technology.

I thought Telstra shares would have peaked long before now, I'm terrible at picking the tops of markets/shares though.

I think there's a bit too much optimism in the share price given there's only marginal prospects for significant profit growth. Still, wish I'd bought in at sub-$3, would have done a lot better than my share picks the past couple of years.

owned several years ago when share price was $2 something.

Sold when share price went above $4.

Its basically a 'bond play'.

At near 10% fully franked dividends it was a good investment, even if they never grow another cent. Now not so.

But with interest rates so low, its possible it could still go higher.

Not for me though

Can anyone tell me how much they were when the first release was, must have been mid to late 1990s? Thanks

I participated in the first 2 floats.

The first was at $3.30 in 1997. I think it was in 2 instalments, the first at $1.95.
Telstra 2 was at $7.40 in 1999, also in two instalments, the first at $4.50.

See ya's.

Well , I hope they hit 8.50 so some investors get a decent return after all these years AND so that I can make a sizable profit :D

The first was at $3.30 in 1997. I think it was in 2 instalments, the first at $1.95.

See ya's.

Wow,the divs haven't done much to date.

No dig who invested but farout lol,that's pathetic.

See ya's.

We did the same ,,the $7.40 was a high price to pay at the time maybe it will get back there one day,at least it's not like "One Tel" that went up and down like a yo-yo..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One.Tel#The_end_-_2001

Sold all my shares last week (19/8) to invest in cash for a while which included TLS (in @ $3.12 in May09 and out at @ $5.67 in Aug14) so a nice little windfall. They say there is still growth in TLS both in share price and dividend but for me the time felt right for me to sell (all shares) but this choice was made on "gut feel" and a change in my short term investing plan rather than any knowledge based critical analysis.

Had 2 major buys into the ASX consisting of 7 holdings purchased in 2007, so spanned the GFC, and this bundle came out about even, with my major holding being in BHP (in @ $39.40 in Sep07 and out at @ $39.69 in Aug14 but had a GFC low of $21) with a few minor losses offset by a few minor gains.:(

Second major buy into the ASX consisting of 8 holdings purchased May09 post the GFC in 08 so just starting the climb back from the low and have done well as mainly invested in the Big 4 (except NAB), the 2 major staples (WOW/WES), TLS (as above) and a few of the major Miners (except BHP).:D

Overall very happy and now can concentrate on getting rid of some of the good debt. Current plan is to stay in cash at 5% tax free earnings (offset) for at least 12 months and wait with cash in the wings until the next opportunity arises. :)

Back