How is it people can't see through Assange?

why not?

i am sure the gossip, corruption, bribery and lies of other areas of the world (middle east, soviet block, asia, south america, african countries) would also be very interesting to the lefties ... to learn exactly what they think and feel and undertake behind the show of goodwill (or sabre rattling).

Well since he he already does that, I don't know what you're suggesting ????

What did he do in Kenya as one example ? If you don't already know, re read this post paying attention to our obsession's posts.

What many don't seem to like is that he is exposing western corruption cause we can't beelvie it is possible that we woudl do the wrong thing. Well unforautantley our leaders od th e wrong thing and as long as they do, ther ewill be people who don;t like it and speak up about it./

Freedom of speech and all

we are allowed to whinge and complain about our politicians unofficially calling them names and whatever else over tirvial bull crap which affects our back pocket but when someone has evidence that ou leaders are not as clean as they are telling us, we don't want to know = how mature of us... And at the same time, we criticse others for being unfair..

Wow, we really really must think we are superior to "the bad guys"

what i find interesting is that so many people seem to think that the governments hold power, and are responsible for human rights abuses and poverty etc in other countries ... gosh ... read anita roddicks' "business as unusual" and have your eyes opened.

the governments are but a minow compared to the multinational corporations

True Governments have never been guiltiy of anything ever Lizzie you're right.

Hitler was a pawn for the McDonalds or Kwik E Mart corporations

Is this getting a little silly here ? LMAO

They publish what is submitted to them... I'll say it one more time. They publish what is submitted to them.

They are not hacking government cables, embassies or computers, they are not conducting "cyber-terrorism" and they are not one person. Why aren't they all held to account? Because there is currently no evidence of breaking the law. This is like a witch hunt straight out of the 12th century... and the ignorance and social conditioning around here is rather repulsive.

Some of the right wing garbage in this thread... *sigh*... talk about "social conditioning" ... *double sigh*....

Social conditining only happens in bad countries, not the west apparently...

No, we in the west are that much smarter and more moral obviously that our governemtns can do now wonrg, have never doen any wonr & certainly would not lie to me to cover up when it is invol ed in something wrong.. You know how much we trust our govemenrts (jsut look att any threads about governement spending asd see the support and trust we peopel have in our governements !)

I really wish it was ture and that simple - good people / bad people / caps & robbers... and any time something wrong happens, we can dob on the peson who did it.

But honestly, I doubt it is so, so why act like it ? WE KNOW our govermnsts have lidea, so what someone exposes them, what do we want - ignorant peole whom the governmetn lies to and keeps the truth from and pfeeds l;ies and propaganda instead ? In the so called free west (you know, compared to those other oppressed countries) ?

Assange is dangerous. Glad they can hopefully shut him up. Hope someone hacks your emails one day and posts evand. Or maybe in 5yrs, when you go for a job, someone scans all your Somersoft posts for the past decade, and you don't get the job, because someone, in one little message read it out of context.

No, but when it's the Lefties supporting Assange, it's all good.

i'm going to lay your delusion out for you to read.

1) assange released the information in it's entirety, so we could read ALL the information in context.

2) our bullsheet media then took it out of context and published sensationalist stories about said information taken out of context.

so, explain to me again because i missed it ... who is to blame for taking the information out of context?

Sorry evan but no I don't want to go into specifics or give Assange more airplay either but even some things mentioned through the thread already are bad enough.

I did have to sit through 4hrs of it the other day though and there's stuff in there that could literally shut down 1/2 the planet in the wrong hands . It has no business being put out there like that especially from an absolute nobody.
Thankfully I'm pretty sure most media have been asked to keep a lot of it out, play it down and they've had the good judgment to do that.

I totally agree Bluestorm you summed it up , he is dangerous . His like the little boy with a box of matches .

You spent 4 hours sifting through some docs which can shut down 1/2 the planet, yet the wrong people won't somehow get their hands on it. Must be high level security where you're at.

Your name doesn't start with B and end with O yea? Like Barack Obama.

you Spent 4 Hours Sifting Through Some Docs Which Can Shut Down 1/2 The Planet, Yet The Wrong People Won't Somehow Get Their Hands On It. Must Be High Level Security Where You're At.

Your Name Doesn't Start With B And End With O Yea? Like Barack Obama.

Lol

This is why he is the darling of the Left now. Because to them, the US and the West ARE the enemy. The "oppressed" Arab world are the good guys.

In the good old days, he'd be seen as a traitor.

Maybe he should spend his time exposing the corruption, bribery, lies, oppression, brain washing, etc, in all the other countries.

You chose your sides Assange, now deal with the consequences.

What do you mean by Left? Are you talking about Greenies?

I look at it all from a marketing/ PR viewpoint.......

I think the US govt responded too strongly and if they had left it pretty much alone, the story would have gone away. I mean most of the stuff Wikileaks published was silly comments from diplomats and it was like a gossip magazine. There was very little "substance" in there. Just like banning a movie or a book guarantees its success, their over the top response has guaranteed a greater level of interest than the story justifies.

I think Wikileaks have the problem of having too much information. So, they tried to drip feed over weeks, and are still going. People get tired of the story really quickly, particularly when it does seem to be primarily "gossip". If Wikileaks just released a couple of particularly saucy things and then wait another few months and release some more, they would have had a much bigger impact. But, by expecting the media and the public to trawl through the info for what is really important, they've diluted their message.

I dont see Julian Assange as being a particularly bad person, and definitely not a terrorist.I think he's got way too much attention from this situation. He doesn't deserve it!! (because its made him into a martyr and a hero, and I don't think he deserves that.......... )
From what I've seen, I think he's probably supremely arrogant and unfortunately somewhat naive (particularly about Swedish sex laws... although I suspect there are lots of men around who are terrified by what they've learned about the swedish law and how it could affect them after a post-sauna fling!! :D )

I think the real story is that diplomats and govt officials obviously need more training and direction in what not to write in reports. From a health background, we had it drummed into our heads that we shouldnt' write anything in a medical report which we weren't prepared to back up in court.

And obviously, the US category of confidential is far too inclusive. You can't have 1000's of people viewing confidential documents and not expect some sort of trouble down the track.

Pen

assange is not a martyr. he hasn't "taken one for the team" and is strenuously defending any claims and charges.

this a martyr makes not.

swedish sex laws make "sex by surprise" a great cover for rape. seriously folks - check it out - 2 consenting adults choosing to have sex. no previous relations. woman cries foul afterwards because he didn't return the morning after phonecall and the man is on rape charges. it's that black and white.

of course the US see this as a loophole to extradite him.

hell, ANYONE who has had casual sex in Sweden could be up on the same charges.

assange is not a martyr. he hasn't "taken one for the team" and is strenuously defending any claims and charges.

this a martyr makes not.

swedish sex laws make "sex by surprise" a great cover for rape. seriously folks - check it out - 2 consenting adults choosing to have sex. no previous relations. woman cries foul afterwards because he didn't return the morning after phonecall and the man is on rape charges. it's that black and white.

of course the US see this as a loophole to extradite him.

hell, ANYONE who has had casual sex in Sweden could be up on the same charges.

Fact:

In NSW and SA (may be other states by now, but only know of these two) a woman can lay rape charges against a man if she has consensual sex with him, claiming she was too drunk to give consent. How drunk the man was, is irrelevant.

(particularly about Swedish sex laws... although I suspect there are lots of men around who are terrified by what they've learned about the swedish law and how it could affect them after a post-sauna fling!! :D )

Hi Penny, why the smiley face? What's so funny about false rape accusations?

What I find amazing is the Left and women's groups in absolute support of the Arab world, with all the abuse of human rights there. The same women who stamp their feet about equal opportunity have no clue what goes on in a lot of these countries. Maybe more should travel the world.

Hi Bluestorm(trooper)

Would that be one of the womens groups made up of the Sarah Palins of this world.

Could I borrow your broadbrush, need to paint a house, will only take a couple of swipes.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

bluestorm the problem is that when you champion certain values, you must follow the same values yourself and not be a hypocrite. what Assange did was expose hypocrites of the western world.

kudos to him for that.

personally i couldn't care less if some dictator in Iraq kills millions, because we all know that's what dictators do.

however when democratic government kills more people in the name of freedom and democratic values than the above mentioned dictator and then tries to hide it, that's when i start to get worried because they are no better than people they are fighting.

Exactly.

If nations are going to be principled, then be principled all the way. Otherwise just admit they're a pot trying to blow up a kettle.

Add me to the 'loony left wingers' that support Assange and WikiLeaks.

Add me to the list of right-wingers that support Assange and WikiLeaks.

My main issue is with the idealist facade known as the U.S. of A. and how they're always supposedly the 'good' facing the 'evil'.

I look at it all from a marketing/ PR viewpoint.......

I think the US govt responded too strongly and if they had left it pretty much alone, the story would have gone away. I mean most of the stuff Wikileaks published was silly comments from diplomats and it was like a gossip magazine. There was very little "substance" in there. Just like banning a movie or a book guarantees its success, their over the top response has guaranteed a greater level of interest than the story justifies.

I think Wikileaks have the problem of having too much information. So, they tried to drip feed over weeks, and are still going. People get tired of the story really quickly, particularly when it does seem to be primarily "gossip". If Wikileaks just released a couple of particularly saucy things and then wait another few months and release some more, they would have had a much bigger impact. But, by expecting the media and the public to trawl through the info for what is really important, they've diluted their message.

I dont see Julian Assange as being a particularly bad person, and definitely not a terrorist.I think he's got way too much attention from this situation. He doesn't deserve it!! (because its made him into a martyr and a hero, and I don't think he deserves that.......... )
From what I've seen, I think he's probably supremely arrogant and unfortunately somewhat naive (particularly about Swedish sex laws... although I suspect there are lots of men around who are terrified by what they've learned about the swedish law and how it could affect them after a post-sauna fling!! :D )

I think the real story is that diplomats and govt officials obviously need more training and direction in what not to write in reports. From a health background, we had it drummed into our heads that we shouldnt' write anything in a medical report which we weren't prepared to back up in court.

And obviously, the US category of confidential is far too inclusive. You can't have 1000's of people viewing confidential documents and not expect some sort of trouble down the track.

Pen

Probably the most intelligent post in this thread...................well apart from someone's comment that JA is "dangerous" ;)

:cool:

Back