How low will Petrol prices go??.

It only takes 500 irresponsible (sic) passenger car drivers spending $100 a week filling up their car to equal this same $200K per month fuel consumption. To paraphrase Willy Wimple of Sesame Street fame: now if everyone did it, can't you see what a high oil consuming world it would be? ;)
Based on your statement, they would need to miss the cheap end of the cycle to the tune of $100 each per month to arrive at the same figure. That is an enormous amount of over-paying for fuel per month I would suggest. Who would be doing that?

By the way; it'd take 2,000 drivers to do that.

I don't know a single human who would spend $100 per month excessively more than they had to or were able to manage per month on their car.

Most folks fill up on the most expensive day of the week if they are desperate; most folks try to time the refill on the cheap end days.

Assuming each person spends $100 per week on fuel, I'll grant that each person might miss one, or possibly two cheap ends of the price rort cycles...but all four?

The point is; the volume; not the dollars. Whether the car driver pays more or less ; they are still using the same amount, which is miles less than the transport industry as a whole.

Same goes for water usage; we all bleat on about how much each household uses etc - especially during water restriction times, putting buckets under the shower, grey water from the washing machine on the garden and all that...but I worked in an ICU for 3 years and saw what water was used each day - just in that one ward on one 8 hour shift on one day in one hospital...mindblowing. Whether there is less water in the dams or more; these places have to use the same amount of water per day no matter what. Just one example.

And folks were worried about a 5 min shower at home. :rolleyes:

Back