How much does an inside wall + door cost?

Hey Guys,
just wondering what the ballpark quotes would be for this. In my property in Wagga, there is a weird 2nd room coming off the main living room. Not really sure how to describe it, but its basically a useless room.

I'd like to effectively divide this room into 2 by building/installing a wall in the middle of it, with a door or maybe just an opening depending on price. I think this would be a good way of adding value as the rooms could be then used as extra bedrooms. Thoughts? The existing room is roughly 4 meters across, standard height, and the existing walls are built out of whatever normal walls are built out of.

Cheers!
Rohan

Get a few handymen in to give you a quote. The job is very small for individual trades. 2m wide room seems very small for a bedroom. How long is the existing room?

It should only take a day to frame up and gyprock incl. base coat. Another visit to sand and top coat. Another visit to sand and paint. Another visit to paint 2nd coat. You can see how inefficient it is to get small jobs done!

I would estimate 2-2.5k for labour and materials. As Rockstar says, its really 3 days labour for a handyman @ $50 an hour.

Hey Guys,
thanks for the replies. Im not sure bout DIY as im pretty useless/not sure whats involved. But yeah, I see what you mean about it being kind of inefficient. Maybe ill just get a carpenter to put in the wall and do all the sanding/painting myself? Would that be the cheapest option?

@rockstar - the existing room dimension is roughly 4m by 6m...pretty big, its like a second living area, but like I said in my OP, its in a weird spot in the house and is pretty much useless. So dividing it into 2 bedrooms, the dimensions would be 4x3 each.

Rohan

Maybe ill just get a carpenter to put in the wall and do all the sanding/painting myself? Would that be the cheapest option?

@rockstar - the existing room dimension is roughly 4m by 6m...pretty big, its like a second living area, but like I said in my OP, its in a weird spot in the house and is pretty much useless. So dividing it into 2 bedrooms, the dimensions would be 4x3 each.

You can do the painting yourself though I would suggest let the handyman do the gyprocking and sanding if you are inexperienced.

And, yes, 3 x 4 is a good size bedroom. You could easily put in a built in robe in each one if you wanted to spend a bit more money.

Get some quotes to ascertain costs. ;)

Back