how much have you lost in the stockmarket

Where's a good place to get charts - not just for the last 20 minutes but for days, months, years back on ASX shares?
I buy ShareChart but forget how much it costs. It is always running and the first thing I do for any share is "look at the chart". I'm active in the market so it is simply the cost of doing business.

But they do not do intraday and I rely on my broker for them. That costs too if you don't do a minimum trades/month.

I probably lost about 5-10K, but haven't been too worried about logging it.

I am interested though - so:

Where's a good place to get charts - not just for the last 20 minutes but for days, months, years back on ASX shares?

Can always try bigcharts marketwatch.......when you type in a code type au:bhp for instance.

jared

I buy ShareChart but forget how much it costs. It is always running and the first thing I do for any share is "look at the chart". I'm active in the market so it is simply the cost of doing business.

But they do not do intraday and I rely on my broker for them. That costs too if you don't do a minimum trades/month.

hehehe nice - me too. I also use CMC market software for 15min trading on futures and options.

ShareChart is $600 a year for the US market and $420 for the AUS market - or vice versa.

my data goes all the way back to 1991

There should be a nice bounce today but who has money left to buy stocks?? To bring the XAO back to 6800 someone has to pump at least 300 billion into the market. Who has this kind to cash left in the kitty?

Its pocket change to the institutions,funds etc.

They drive the market.

There should be a nice bounce today but who has money left to buy stocks?? To bring the XAO back to 6800 someone has to pump at least 300 billion into the market. Who has this kind to cash left in the kitty?

Those who sold have the cash to buy back. Those who panicked earliest can buy most.

It's like a poker game. The chips are still on the table just, moved around a little.

hmmm might take this opportunity to get out if the price is right...so will this be the start of an upward trend? how can you tell? at least 3 days green?

hmmm might take this opportunity to get out if the price is right...so will this be the start of an upward trend? how can you tell? at least 3 days green?

Hard to tell
from what I hear, if the US stocks don't drop the problems won't go away

...so will this be the start of an upward trend? how can you tell? at least 3 days green?

What timescale of "trending" do you look at Sue78? Hours, days, weeks, months, years? It's very important to understand this before many people can post a meaningful reply.

Cheers,

The Y-man

It's profit reporting season in the US if these banks continue to record breaking losses and writedowns it cannot be good

What a rebound. Its a crazy market at the moment. No one know whats going on.

Those brave enough to buy BHP yesterday have made 8% in half an hour.

I have one stock up 32% in half an hour!! (WRK)

As to your question. As mentioned by Yman, It depends on your time frame. When the pink line crosses the blue line. It could be buy signal. But its a 6 month chart not a one week chart. And its seriously trending downwards which means it should be bought in the first place. (IMO)

Attachments

• zfx.jpg
    zfx.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 63
can't even get onto e-trade.... scheduled maintenance shut down... what the??!!
Pay the extra money, and find a broker that you can ring night or day on days like these,every one just waits in line,everything is going to plan unless you went short,and get blown out of the water..LOL..
..willair..

Hi Kaz. I think I know the program you are using, PP?

Are you buying shares or CFDs? If the latter you might have a bad night tonight. I thought Daniel's system left you very exposed to these events and never followed it.

Hi Sunfish,

No what's PP?

I'm using Sharelord from Nik Hallik (Financial Freedom Institute) and doing covered calls only (so buy the shares and write the calls). The calls we had expired a few days ago so we are watching the US markets and waiting to place more calls against those shares.

That's why I was asking about real losses versus paper losses. Some of the US share recommendations have gone down but a few of them have actually gone up even if this market!

We use optionXpress for trading in the US and they have been up throughout this apart from being closed on Monday (their time) for Martin Luther King Day.

Regards,
Karen

Interesting thread from a property forum. Brings back memory of the tech crash when everyone on the street had NFI whats going on. I would recommend that people trade with caution with tight stops and small positions. Reduce LVRs to <50% as we're going to be in for a nice ride over the next few weeks.

If you're in it for the long haul, then you shouldn't be worried about this noise, put your market orders in now then concentrate on your next IP deal and the equity market will reward you handsomely in 2020 with your patience.

Back