How not to paint a property

Isn't this what all the sheep were doing about 10 years ago? I thought it was disgusting back then but all the home renovation TV shows were telling everyone it was the only way. Pale and neutral were considered so terrible and only for old people. I know a couple of my male friends teased me when I went against the trend and painted my entire house white. I knew my tastes would be in fashion again... 10 years later white and neutral is back. :p

Colours are too bold. You would be suprised at what sort of colours can really look appealling but they have to be easy on the eyes, they are definitely not - especially the blue and the purple splashback!

Meh. I don't mind it. With the right funiture it could work. Wouldn't do it myself, but it wouldn't nessecarily put me off buying.

Meh. I don't mind it. With the right funiture it could work. Wouldn't do it myself, but it wouldn't nessecarily put me off buying.

Yeah, agreed. But the purple splashback was probably going a bit too far :pand much more expensive to change than the can of paint needed for the feature walls.

I dont think its that bad either from what I saw, most of it was white & neutral.

2 feature walls are so simple to repaint they aren;t worth menitoning.

Only the splashback would be an issue, but even that would be the same price to replace as tiles would wouldn't it ?

I could live with it if I was renting, I just wouldn't take the blue bedroom.

I second everyone else. I hate blue and would get rid of that feature wall for just a darker neutral (or repaint the room) but the purple splashback - :eek:

I had an orange feature wall and deep burgundy trim at my old house. It looked good, but then I'm trying to flog the house off for $75k so whoever buys it should have heaps of small change to repaint if they wish.

Could be worse, could be THIS house!!!

Attachments

• Green House.jpg
    Green House.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 220
Yes it is pretty horrible. First saw it a year or so ago (it is in Colyton-or St Marys NSW) and they had blue tarp type plastic sheets over the windows (as you can see in the photo) and we drove past again a couple of months ago and the blue tarps are still there!!

I wonder if they hate their neighbours and wanted to try and devalue their houses:rolleyes:

Have a look at the picture of the bathroom. Do the agents look at the photos before putting on the internet. They should have covered up the open panel that is showing all the spa bath motor!

Had a house near where I went to school that was painted in zebra stripes.... I kid you not.

ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D

I just want to go up and knock on their dooe and ask 'why?'

Yes would be very tempting, there is definitely a story behind the painting of this house for sure.

I am surprised Skater has never mentioned it as it is not far from where she is down there!!

Yes would be very tempting, there is definitely a story behind the painting of this house for sure.

I am surprised Skater has never mentioned it as it is not far from where she is down there!!

LOL! I never mentioned it before because I only just saw this thread. I was reading and thinking, "I bet the house can't be as bad as the one near me", when I see that someone has posted a photo of the very house I was thinkiing about. BTW, I couldn't see the link picture either.

In the photo, there is some yellow feature showing. I think they must have been made to paint over it. It used to have yellow like a border around a lot of it, together with arabic writing. They have also not only painted their fence green, but also the other side so that the neighbouring houses have bright green in their own yards.:eek:

Back