Roof painted

Hi just wondering if anyone has had their roof tiles painted.

If so how did it turn out?
How much does it cost?
How long does it last?

We had our roof re-sprayed but it's a tin roof not tile, not that it would have made a difference price wise. It took 3 days, cost $4400 and it's come up pretty good. Expecting it to last up to 10 years or so.

I'm sure it could have been done on the cheap probably using regular Weathershield but we have a high and relatively steep roof so we used a proper roof restoration place, they wore harnesses and used Dulux AcraTex roof membrane which is UV resistant and safe for collecting drinking water off your roof.

Hi Brian,

I've had loads of clients paint their roof with excellent effect. As long as the tiles are prep'd and painted correctly, it should last 10 years or so.

Dulux, AcraTex is an excellent product but it can get expensive to apply as you need a Dulux trained applicator to apply it (as OTV mentioned it is a membrane, not just a paint). Colours are fairly limited too.

Dulux also have another product which can be applied by DIYers. Its called Roof and Trim. This comes in 7 (I think) Colourbond colours only (includes Woodland Grey, Surfmist and Jasper so at least there's three decent colours!!).

The reason the colours are limited is that the paint is pre-coloured in the factory using a special 'for-human-consumption' tint to create the colour. Normal paint of course is tinted in a shop, but the tint component isn't safe if water that runs off the roof is to be used for drinking.

Also remember if you're painting the roof, you may need to replace or paint the guttering/fascias too so that will be an additional cost.

Good luck!

Yes and it turned out great

Replaced 70 concrete tiles,repointed all ridge caps, waterblasted, sealed and painted $2400 all up.

yeah I have. got it recapped, resprayed 2 coats, repointed, replaced broken tiles and gutters all cleaned out for 3k.

it has come up quite well

My guys do it for 3k. replace a few broken tiles etc.

Depends on the job obviously but that's how much they have been in the past.

Back