How often do you declutter

Hi Xenia
Were you once aka Dr X?????
Slightly off topic, but if so been a long long time since you posted. I recall you were going to start a business and basically involved in cash flow properties???

Cheers
MTR:)

As far as I know, if they are bottle fed, or adopted by another lactating female, the odds are good for survival.

That post I wrote was back in 2011.

Great. If you can and want to, would like to view some photos:) I am an animal lover.
I am enjoying reading about your home sit episodes.

So you guys can do this because you are free, meaning no kids to worry about, no pets.

I get homesick after 2 weeks, do you ever get homesick and long for your own creature comforts, just curious??

Cheers

Hi Xenia
Were you once aka Dr X?????
Slightly off topic, but if so been a long long time since you posted. I recall you were going to start a business and basically involved in cash flow properties???

Cheers

MTR, you're gonna be waiting a long time for a response. Xenia hasn't posted on here since roughly around the time this thread was posted.

Great. If you can and want to, would like to view some photos:) I am an animal lover.
I am enjoying reading about your home sit episodes.

So you guys can do this because you are free, meaning no kids to worry about, no pets.

I get homesick after 2 weeks, do you ever get homesick and long for your own creature comforts, just curious??

Cheers

Thank you.
I'll ask Rob to look to see if he has any alpaca photos to show you.

Our kids (grown adults) all live in Canada and we are foster parents for the SPCA when we are home..to momma cats and their kittens, until the old enough for adoption.

We don't get homesick, but we always looking forward to going home when it comes time.

We decided on house sitting originally, because it gave us somewhere to live, when we are in Australia.
The first year we didn't buy a vehicle, and all the home owners provided us with a vehicle to use.
We flew, took the bus, and train between house sits the first year..now we drive.

We like it when are somewhere for a month or so..so we get into a routine.
The longest sit was almost 5 months.

The farm animals and pets are fun to be with..they adopt us.

Kathryn, how do you get your bookings for housesitting, or is it through an agency?
Marg

We use 2 sites mainly...but there are several to pick from. This was the cheapest for the ones we had to pay for,...approx $65 a year, and it is good Australia wide.
Others will charge you by the 'zone'

http://www.aussiehousesitters.com.au/

We've also found a few here..and it is free...also world wide.
http://www.housesitworld.com.au/findasitter.htm

For the home owner, it is usually free to advertise for a sitter.

For the alpaca house sit, we have been going there for the past 3 years. It's almost like our second home.

Kathryn, how do you go with regards to internet connection? I'm would like to consider housesitting, however I am reliant on having internet access for my business. It's pretty essential that I have internet. So a couple of questions:

1. How reliable is internet access?

2. Is security a concern?

Kathryn, how do you go with regards to internet connection? I'm would like to consider housesitting, however I am reliant on having internet access for my business. It's pretty essential that I have internet. So a couple of questions:

1. How reliable is internet access?

2. Is security a concern?

We buy a prepaid internet thingy..and reload it as needed.
Telstra..from Coles, I think..around $79?

Yes, we are reliant on internet too..as I keep in constant contact with our building supers.

Mr F- were you thinking about South America as well at some stage?

My daughters found that wifi there was readily available- public wifi was far easier to find than in Canada for instance. I don't know re cost, but I'm guessing it was quite cheap.

Attachments

• Farm023.jpg
    Farm023.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Back