How to cost a firewall between 2 units?

Folks,
has anyone got any experience in costing / getting quotes for installing a firewall between 2 units? Where do I begin in doing a practical cost assessment for this if it is a property I am considering buying to firewall, strata and sell one off?

I have been eyeballing these and typically throwing them in the "I don't know what I would do with them" bucket. My curiosity is now getting the better of me.

More specifically, this type of thing;
2 weatherboard/wood/fibro constructed units. No others in the block.
Shared wall
Single story
Zoning appropriate for dual occupancy.
No idea of how the plumbing and electrical is sorted.

Is it just a matter of submitting an offer subject to due diligence with access granted to get the quotes and complete the costings?

Who do I get in to quote? Plumber, Electrician, "Fire Guy"?

Thanks for any pointers,
EV

I there,

I asked a similar question once and was told its about 10k for a firewall, but the big killer is in connected up sep meters.

I do know that the firewall needs to be compliant with acoustic requirements and go all the way into the roof cavity. You will need to get a DA and then get a builder and the private certifier to finalise the exact specs of the firewall.

You also need to be compliant with BASIX requirements - water tank, h/w system, etc.

Some related info is also here http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74971

Good luck!

Back