How to deal with telemarketing call - funny

Hi HA

That's mild and quite nice compared to some .

If you want to check out an extreme approach to how to handle a telemarketer
check out this . It's one of my all time favorite YouTube clips.

Cliff

I have a call queue with infinite hold time on our pabx that has tv evangelist style religious sermons as music on hold. Telemarketers get transferred to that queue if they wont take no or call back repeatedly when told no thanks.

I have a call queue with infinite hold time on our pabx that has tv evangelist style religious sermons as music on hold. Telemarketers get transferred to that queue if they wont take no or call back repeatedly when told no thanks.

Love it.

At least doesn't chew up your time.;)

see_change said:
That's mild and quite nice compared to some .

That's what appeals to me. Listened to your reference and obviously very funny but personally I don't like the undertone. I guess it harks back to when I was a lad and our family receiving many prank calls. Mainly due to our placement in the phone book. For many years our name was the last name in the phone book. It isn't any longer.

Cheers

I have 4 approaches to this problem; depending on if at work or home...

At Work -
1. My normal approach is I simply hang up without a word being said, after I have established what type of call it is. (normal approach).
2. If I'm in a playful mood, I say I'll go and get the Manager, and put the phone down and leave them waiting until they hang up.

At home -
1. We never answer the phone between 4 and about 9pm at night...all calls go to the answering machine and if it is someone we know, they start to leave a message and we pick it up before they finish.
2. Further to that; every time the phone rings no matter what time of day outside above times, we look at the caller ID screen before we pick up.

My brother is a scream, he runs his own business, so he just says I'll just go and get him, puts the phone down and wanders off and does whatever, coming back occasionally saying things like, I think hes up on the roof, just hang on and Ill find him.

Back