how to get rid of noisy neighbours

Bad attitude landlords....

Wow, Kathryn D, I hope there aren't too many landlords out there as selfish as you! What a shame that you care so little for others so long as you are making money. You reap what you sow, they say. I hope that's true for you!! People with attitudes like you make me mad....

:mad:

Wow, Kathryn D, I hope there aren't too many landlords out there as selfish as you! What a shame that you care so little for others so long as you are making money. You reap what you sow, they say. I hope that's true for you!! People with attitudes like you make me mad....

So you expect Kathryn to evict these tenants after the police were called on several occasions and dealt with the problem....?

If we all put noisy tenants out on the street then you'd be calling us cruel for that too....?

You have no idea what type of a landlord I am.
We bend over backwards for our tenants, when it is reasonable.
Why would I evict MY tenants, because some other Landlord's tenants accused them of being noisy?
Obviously the police didn't deem my tenants as being noisy, as they weren't issued any breach orders.

I would hope my Landlord would give me that benefit of the doubt, if I was in that situation...how about you?

Being a landlord is a business, not a charity.
This is what we do for a living, not a hobby.
Most of our tenants are great, pay on time, keep their unit/house tidy.
The only ones who ever have anything unpleasant to say about us are the ones who have stolen from us (rent) and damaged our properties.
We always repair when there is a maintenance issue.

Curious Maria HD...how many rental properties do you have?

Actually, I kinda misread what you wrote - it was late at night when I was reading through. However, you stated that they were out having beers and a bbq after 11pm. I and many other people have kids and would not appreciate next door neighbours starting up a social at that time, tbh.

In answer to your question, my husband, sister and I currently own a total of 28 rental properties.

The local RE agent who managed the property could not care less. So she copied down the "after hours" contact numbers from the window and every time she was awakened at 2am by noise she called one of the agents. They were NOT amused but she simply said that every time she was wakened, so should they be.
Marg
We had neighbors that had geese and guinea fowl that would awake us at all hours.
No matter what I said to the neighbors it didn't help,so every time I was woken by them I would ring the neighbors to wake them as well.:D
After that didn't work I set up a very large stereo in my shed facing their bedroom wall through their window and recorded the fowl and played that very loud back at them at 2 in the morn. :p

Within a week the guinea fowl were gone,however I was reading in the paper a month later of a guinea fowl problem around in the vicinity of their fathers place.They had given them to their relatives.

Back