huge master bedroom or extra bedroom

large parents retreat or 5 bedrooms?

• parents retreat complete with lounge area

Votes: 35 64.8%
  • 5queen sized bedrooms

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think i might of convienced him - with one simple line ... "remember the bedroom we had at xx" (it was a massive bedroom full of space) - and he got that look in his eye!

also, we desparate need a new bed - current one is over 10 years old and not good for either of our backs. during the week i got first quote and left it on the kitchen bench - he promptly declared he wasn't spending $x on a bed! i narrow the choices down to 2 stores and we went looking yesterday.

ended up spending $x + $1000 and hubby wanting to know how soon he can get delivery! i don't think he realised what a shocker bed we sleep on until trying a really good one! gotta love 'em.

consider that our profit treat, instead of my usual bling!

Do either you or your partner snore? An additional bedroom might come in handy.

Actually I voted for the extra space. I'd love to have a second rumpus room which I could turn into a library.

What does the market want?

Ask local real estate agents what is the most desirable thing to have in your local area - a parents retreat or a 5th bedroom? If however your going to live there for a while, then do what suits you best whilst keeping in mind what you might have to do down the track when you may want to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi rnp ... considering this will be reno #9 (or is it 10?), where we have made on average $80k+ on each reno, i don't think we'll need the course, but thanks anyhow.

Back