I don't understand people

The dark side of sleeping pills

"...started taking Ambien in 1998. Her first episode of sleep eating happened just weeks later. She would half wake and walk into the kitchen to consume large amounts of cooked and uncooked foods. She ate raw eggs, uncooked rice and entire loaves of bread. Makinen gained a substantial amount of weight during the six years she medicated with Ambien and filed a suit against Sanofi-Aventis."

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...ilnox-and-ambien/story-fneuz9ev-1226838342232

So, her first episode of sleep eating happened weeks after commencing Ambien, she continues taking for six years, blames the and files a suit? If I had an episode of sleep eating as a side effect to a medication, I would stop taking the medication. What am I missing?

evil medication, there are so many better ones that are non-addictive but rarely prescribed. Interesting article though, the ambien defence.

It's funny, I took Stilnox years and years ago now when I was doing shift work and had disrupted sleeping patterns. It did absolutely nothing - not only did I not sleep walk, sleep drive, sleep eat or anything, but it didn't even help me sleep! Made absolutely no difference whatsoever - I could have been popping panadol for all the effect it had :rolleyes:

It's funny, I took Stilnox years and years ago now when I was doing shift work and had disrupted sleeping patterns. It did absolutely nothing - not only did I not sleep walk, sleep drive, sleep eat or anything, but it didn't even help me sleep! Made absolutely no difference whatsoever - I could have been popping panadol for all the effect it had :rolleyes:

Did you keep taking it for 6 years? ;)

... and ... ripped off! :p

Back