I need a home for my dog!

I'm going overseas in Christmas for around 8 weeks and am looking for a place where they can take care of my dog.

He is a beautiful labrador retriever, well behaved, and extremely friendly. I know you're anxious to see a photo of Sam, so here it is

http://db.tt/ht2ynf36

I contacted the breeder where I purchased it from but unfortunately she's not able to have him since she's got too many dogs to mind. she lives in a farm, so it would have been a wonderful place for Sam to stay (swim, run, play with other mates, etc).

Do you know or recommend a place where I can contact to arrange this?

edit: forgot to mention... sydney area and surroundings

I have cats and the places they stay only take cats.
Maybe ask your local vet. they probably have recommendations.

that reminds me.. I need to book the cats in next week, when we get our floors polished. Dont want little paw prints!

Thanks.. I didnt want a pet in the first place, but the wife pushed so much to get one that i had to give in... turned out the best decision ever lol..

You could try
pet or housesitters.com
I have used them a few times with no regret, police clearance, references checked out etc.

There is a website for people that will take the dog into their house haven't used it for years so forget the name but it's out there.

I've been on a couple of extended holidays where I didn't feel comfortable leaving my pets at the boarding kennels for that long.

On both occasions we used a housesitter - it worked really well and saved us a fortune in kennel fees.

Both times the house was better than when we left it and the pets were lovingly looked after.

I'm sure there would be plenty of people looking for housesitting in Sydney over that period.

Rob and I do housesitting while we are in Australia.
Many of the people we housesit for have used them many times.

It is an option.

We always try to keep the pets on the same schedule and rules as the owners.
It can be win win for both owners and sitters.

Note: we are not available, as we are planning on WA this year.

Back