Ice cream sandwich vs Jellybean

Well I use a bit of both

I believe Jellybean came out first, but the origins of ice cream sandwich is a it blurred

You see, what I do is sometimes I put my jellybeans inside my ice cream sandwich, but you gotta use fairly hard ice cream, because since the jellybeans are quite hard, by the time you get through them, all your ice cream has melted,

also black jelly beans discolour your ice cream so I would recommend not using hte black jelly beans and use a chocolate ice cream

alternatviely, you can use a Eskimo Pie or something with wafer that holds the ice cream together for a bit longer

However, dont put too many jelly beans in or it becomes too hard to eat!

also, if you've read this far, you'll probably get diabetes:D

I have upgraded from Ice Cream Sandwich To JellyBean on my S2 GTi9100
I personal prefer JellyBean But it is of personal preference.
Ice Cream Sandwich is Well Supported and will be for the next 2-3 Years,
JellyBean has a New HQcomposer (aka all programs will be smoother) and it has expandable notifications But Only JellyBean apps utilize this.
So its really up too you.But JellyBean will have more hidden features
It may be the ROM you are using.Try Get CM( cyanogenMod ).
Thanks Redwing, did you get the JB ROM for your S2 from XDA?
I've read CyanogenMod develop good ROM's and installed their Jellybean onto a Tab 10.1 but think it's an emulator and some functions don't work. I installed because the thread had more than 500,000 views and 2,000 replies so i thought it must be good :eek:

Part II, stock official ROM's for S3 can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

Thanks Redwing, did you get the JB ROM for your S2 from XDA?
I've read CyanogenMod develop good ROM's and installed their Jellybean onto a Tab 10.1 but think it's an emulator and some functions don't work. I installed because the thread had more than 500,000 views and 2,000 replies so i thought it must be good :eek:

Part II, stock official ROM's for S3 can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

Yep, i use XDA quite a lot it is very useful.
Yes i get CyanogenMod From XDA, CyanogenMod is the Most used Android-Based ROM.
The Tab 10.1 Might be a Emulator If so i would hold it off,But the rest of CyanogenMod are not emulators.
CyanogenMod 10 (JellyBean) is a Nightly so it may be buggy But i have no problems on My S2 running CM10.

Hi ALL,

I asked my 14 yr old to reply to the posts as it went above my head. He's into computers, physics; string theory, the fabric of the cosmos etc and watches http://www.ted.com/ for entertainment

I'm currently getting him to show me how to use Microsoft Access

Hence the slightly different terminology in my posts as they were his replies to assist when I queried him on the phone issues :D

My iPhone has never been jail broken.

But believe me, after I dropped it in the water, it was well and truly rooted.

Your initial post, this one and the term "rooted" went over his head Geoff ;)

The names Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean refer to different versions of the Android OS. If you want to know which version is which, and how popular they are then take a look at:

http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Ice Cream Sandwich came out towards the end of last year, and Jellybean is the latest point release updating it. I don't know how big the differences are, but since Ice Cream Sandwich is version 4, and Jellybean is 4.1, it's likely to be relatively minor.

Roughly speaking, the main Android versions are:
  • Froyo and Gingerbread (Android version 2): 60% to 70% of handsets still run these. Popular last year, but now being upgraded in some cases to Ice Cream Sandwich.
  • Honeycomb (Android version 3): Only available on Tablets. From what I heard, Google messed up the phone implementation for it. Only 2% or 3% of devices run it.
  • Ice Cream Sandwich (Android version 4): Basically Honeycomb with the telephony system fixed. Gaining popularity, and around 15% of active devices.
  • Jellybean (Android version 4.1): Latest version.
Most handset manufacturers will upgrade recent models, but it can be a slow process. Normally Google launch an OS, then hand over the source, at which point it's a three month process to get it running and certified on a device. Network operators can also delay things.

Rooting is the process where the phone's software is unlocked. Some manufacturers allow this easily (e.g. HTC), but some try to prevent this. I've not looked into this, but I believe that it can void your warranty (and given how unreliable my One X has been, I'm not sure I'd want to), and might also prevent you from accessing the Play store because you're running a version of the OS that's not been signed by a recognised authority. (I might be wrong on that point.)

The Cyanogen mod is a third party build of the Android OS that's loaded onto phones in preference to what they were supplied with. I haven't looked into it, but it tends to be a newer version than what the manufacturers are shipping.

It's always refreshing to find a forum which allows trolls and comedians to post off topic :)
I also thought it funny how each version of Android is released alphabetically under a codename based on a dessert.

1 Android beta
2 Android 1.0 Astro
3 Android 1.1 Bender
4 Android 1.5 Cupcake
5 Android 1.6 Donut
6 Android 2.0/2.1 Eclair
7 Android 2.2.x Froyo
8 Android 2.3.x Gingerbread
9 Android 3.x Honeycomb
10 Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
11 Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean

Geez you're quick, Samsung only released JB for the S3 a few days ago on August 29th. Let us know if you warm to JB over ICS and i might install it.

Yes the guys at XDA seem to race each other and release their ROM's quickly which benefit everyone. Thanks for the link to stock ROM's but after playing with it for a few days i'm happy with the way it's performing especially improvements to the Calender (now called S Planner) and a few other things. It's a nice operating system but ICS is still buttery smooth and the upgrade isn't noticeable.

I asked my 14 yr old to reply to the posts as it went above my head.

You are a cool dad to buy your 14yo son an S2 :)
Can you ask him what a "nightly" means when he said this,
CyanogenMod 10 (JellyBean) is a Nightly
He sounds up with the latest in mobile computing so I hope he thinks my latest homescreen looks cool. I replicated this one last night. I like the barcode battery widget :cool:

cb821305-4d18-0bc3.jpg

im still running Honeycomb
been running stable enough and i really cbf updating and setting everything up again

it needs it though and also not sure what mod to put on my incredible s any ideas?

I still use a Blackberry, which is also rooted (phone calls drop out quite frequently). However I believe that it simply needs a new kafoofer valve to replicate the OS system 695.1 and hence provide me with better consistency of service.....although I may simply just get a couple of cans and some string.

I still use a Blackberry, which is also rooted (phone calls drop out quite frequently). However I believe that it simply needs a new kafoofer valve to replicate the OS system 695.1 and hence provide me with better consistency of service.....although I may simply just get a couple of cans and some string.
My blackberry was rooted quite a while back. It still drops, but at least it never runs out of juice.

blackberry_bush.jpg

I replicated this one last night. I like the barcode battery widget :cool:

cb821305-4d18-0bc3.jpg

Nice battery widget. I'm also going for the minimalist look. Current lockscreen and homescreen look similar to this:

{deleted}

screenshot_2012-06-16bzczt.png

im still running Honeycomb
been running stable enough and i really cbf updating and setting everything up again

it needs it though and also not sure what mod to put on my incredible s any ideas?

Here's the Incredible S forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1025

I like the sound of this ROM for the Incredible S called Ice Cold Sandwich.
It has over 700,000 views and nearly 4,000 replies so it must be good :D
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1508435

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always refreshing to find a forum which allows trolls and comedians to post off topic :)
I also thought it funny how each version of Android is released alphabetically under a codename based on a dessert.

1 Android beta
2 Android 1.0 Astro
3 Android 1.1 Bender
4 Android 1.5 Cupcake
5 Android 1.6 Donut
6 Android 2.0/2.1 Eclair
7 Android 2.2.x Froyo
8 Android 2.3.x Gingerbread
9 Android 3.x Honeycomb
10 Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
11 Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean

That's Right and 12 is 5.0.x Apparently and called Key Lime Pie,Thou Using The Android API/SDK's Android 4.1 will Appear as 15

Yes the guys at XDA seem to race each other and release their ROM's quickly which benefit everyone. Thanks for the link to stock ROM's but after playing with it for a few days i'm happy with the way it's performing especially improvements to the Calender (now called S Planner) and a few other things. It's a nice operating system but ICS is still buttery smooth and the upgrade isn't noticeable.

You are a cool dad to buy your 14yo son an S2 :)
Can you ask him what a "nightly" means when he said this,

He sounds up with the latest in mobile computing so I hope he thinks my latest homescreen looks cool. I replicated this one last night. I like the barcode battery widget :cool:

cb821305-4d18-0bc3.jpg

Yes Very Nice,can u send me a link to the app/Forum

And yes XDA always has the Best ROM's
Also Paranoid Android is a very Good ROM for the S2 And other Samsung Phones

i just updated my phone Incredible S to the ICS linked above
wow im still trying to learn what to do
theres a free mybackup root app (if your rooted) to backup your data before you change rom but then it doesnt restore it??? luckily i found a mybackup pro version and that is doing it right now hopefully it works

i just updated my phone Incredible S to the ICS linked above
wow im still trying to learn what to do
theres a free mybackup root app (if your rooted) to backup your data before you change rom but then it doesnt restore it??? luckily i found a mybackup pro version and that is doing it right now hopefully it works

Free is SO yesterday Use Titanium Backup,That will Backup Apps And Restore them For FREE

Back