If Western Australia emancipated from the rest of Australia.

Would you move to Western Australia if it was emancipated from the rest of Australia?

• Yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
WA could secede, but the Westminsterians vetoed it - apparently the door is left open for legal challenge.

not that it's worth it, because we dont have our own military. with the amount of resources we have, i have no doubt indonesia would invade within 7 days just like they did with west papua in 1962... and the rest of australia would probably stand idly by while that happened, too.

WA could secede, but the Westminsterians vetoed it - apparently the door is left open for legal challenge.

not that it's worth it, because we dont have our own military. with the amount of resources we have, i have no doubt indonesia would invade within 7 days just like they did with west papua in 1962... and the rest of australia would probably stand idly by while that happened, too.

Not 'the rest of Australia', just 'Australia'... If you seceded you wouldn't be part of Australia any more.

Not 'the rest of Australia', just 'Australia'... If you seceded you wouldn't be part of Australia any more.

so, "Western Australia" couldn't be a country, like "West Papua" isn't.....?

Considering there's no actual ocean between WA and NT/SA, one coulld argue that being part of the Australian continent could have something to do with the name?

no?

so, the "rest" of "those on the Australian continent" would stand idly by as Western Australia was invaded by Indonesia.

australia can't defend itself now so I can't see why everyone is getting so worked up about it. plus with garden island and any new facilities in the north west WA would end up with a disproportionate share of the hardware anyway.

WA could team up with someone like China - arms, military supplies and big brother protection for resources. could be a great deal for them. if they dont like it someone else may come on board, perhaps the brazilians may back WA if WA agrees to close down it's iron ore mines?? or price fix supplies.

Last edited:
Back