If you had 500000 or more to invest how would you invest it for best returns .

I'd pay off my loan on the workshop and then rake in a lazy 20 or so % every year as a wage from that until I die, and use the excess funds for other investing such as renos, small subdivs.

Jason, if I was you, look at your own backyard, I reckon it is a good time

Not sure how much return he's gonna get out of his backyard. Unless it's a super big backyard, then maybe he can set up an amusement park? But the risk/reward factor is too high, I think.

He could farm, maybe? Or explore for oil/minerals and hope for the best?

So many choices

Property in market you know (eg if you're in Syd/Melb or anywhere else)
Property in undervalued cities, eg Brisbane
Property in undervalued countries, eg Spain/Japan
Stock index, shares, all hammered (then you'd have to chooset the country, blue chip or otherwise etc)
Options/futures on any of these things, all hammered
Iron ore, coal?
Base metals?
Oil an gas?
All hammered
Short AUD and long USD or trade around, pick up $1k every day or two maybe and trade around. Would've picked up easy $10k in last 7 business days trading between 86c and 88c band

Personally I do/invest/look at all of these

Not sure how much return he's gonna get out of his backyard. Unless it's a super big backyard, then maybe he can set up an amusement park? But the risk/reward factor is too high, I think.

He could farm, maybe? Or explore for oil/minerals and hope for the best?

Fab, are you serious?

I'd be using the 500k as deposits on NRAS properties. Other factors will affect your borrowing capacity and thus how many properties you could purchase. But 15-20% return after tax per year over 10 years sounds good to me.

Back