If you had another choice

As opposed to the parents who are in paid work and raising their kids to be non-productive leeches on society?

:confused:

Most young families I know need 2 incomes to have a reasonable quality of life and make ends meet.

When I had my first child I went back to work when she was 6 months, those were the days where you were attacked in the main by stay home mothers. I recall being called "very bad mother placing my child in day care", thankfully I have thick skin and thankfully attitudes/times have changed.

Back to op discussion, I was quite thick at school and failed yr 11 - would any child do that now I wonder? Anyway, pushed on started in the public service as a clerk, no work in there really and taught myself computers. Now I earn a k a day and it's really suited to me as I have an interest in technology. Will never be the full propellor head but mix it up with some ok peolple skills

I love my job now - I'm doing property investing/small developments for a living.

My real job however, I really did enjoy it but the politics, back stabbing and belittling by the Partners sucked. Every few years I'd go back to it, telling myself not to get caught up in the carry on but you can't escape it. The head honchos were treated like dirt when further down the food chain so they carry on the tradition.

Was speaking to a fellow the other day. His currently studying pharmacology and his only reason of striving to enter medicine is the $$$. Now he's changing to finance and expect his salary to hit 500k with % commissions in hedge funds.

Good luck with that lol.

When I was 18 I wanted nothing more than to become a professional gambler for a period of many years.
Just didn't have the bankroll, experience and discipline to succeed back then.
Still, the dream is not over 20 years later.
Being financially free and looking to retire from all commitments next year, I may have another go, without all the pressure this time.
I love finding an edge and exploiting it.
The only problem is that it contributes nothing to society, so I'll have to give back in other ways for fulfillment.

Was speaking to a fellow the other day. His currently studying pharmacology and his only reason of striving to enter medicine is the $$$. N

That shiny object will go dull real quick if my young doc clients are somewhat typical.

if you dont love the work for reasons other than money, the work wont love you, and its likely not sustainable middle term

ta
rolf

Back