In style Exterior paint

Hey guys,
I'll be heading down to Adelaide in about 8 weeks time to do a much needed repaint to the exterior of an IP and need advice firstly on what colours are "in" atm and what brand of paint will last a long time. The bricks are cream coloured and roofs Mission brown :( I was thinking heritage green gutters/ down pipes and a light pale yellow or cream for eaves but am open for suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Have you got any photos?

Please don't paint Hogs Bristle or any of those been-there-done-that colours!
Heritage green is ok on some properties but you can still stay true to a heritage style and go modern at the same time (ie by not using heritage red or green etc!).

I love neutral colours for interior and exterior and you can still give your property 'punch' with these colours (ie neutral beiges, creams, charcoals and even black can look amazing when used well).

There are thousands of gorgeous colours to choose from. Good luck with choosing the right ones.

Hey guys,
I'll be heading down to Adelaide in about 8 weeks time to do a much needed repaint to the exterior of an IP and need advice firstly on what colours are "in" atm and what brand of paint will last a long time. The bricks are cream coloured and roofs Mission brown :( I was thinking heritage green gutters/ down pipes and a light pale yellow or cream for eaves but am open for suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Personally I think the current trend is to just have the gutters the same colour as the roof rather than a contrast colour or two tone (gutters one colour, fascia the other).
With downpipes I would try and blend them as close to wall colour as possible.
With a mission brown roof brown gutters may look a bit OTT so maybe a charcoal colour for a more modern touch.
It really depends on colours of window frames too and what the house looks like.

Thanks for replies,
Window frames need repainting too, after looking at pics PM just sent me last painter had no idea how to cut in so about an inch to an inch an a half of bricks are also painted :( anyone have great idea to easily remove? Hating the idea of sanding brick back....... The pics I just got of interior are even worse.... Paint all over the floorboards, light switches, tiles.... Would have thought this be mentioned in building inspection, I for one will never buy sight unseen again. Thinking to go a shade or two darker (than the bricks )on window frames or you think better to match brick colour ( wish the last painter did) not sure if charcoal will match the 70s style house, might get a sampler tho and see, my reasoning behind heritage green was to match the fences which are colourbond heritage green.

Not sure if your bricks are blonde or white but I've seen a very pale acid green (neutral chartreuse, if that's possible) look good with lighter coloured bricks - would also fit in with 70s style + mission brown roof:rolleyes:

I've seen a site where some people used a kind of caramel tan, too. I know it sounds dated but that stuff is in again now - would just lighten it up a bit.

I also think the charcoal sounds good - black is back.

Not sure how to remove paint from brick. Hope you get some answers for this.

Happy painting - it'll look great!

Back