increasing yield

giz some ideas folks!

old 60's 3x1 with 2 living areas.

already has new kitchen, new bathroom, fresh paint in and out, new colorbond roof, new carpet, overlooks a park with french doors opening out onto a raised deck and an enclosed courtyard - north facing.

how do we increase the yield on a property like this - that nearly has it all?

cheers,
a.

rev cycle air conditioning - check.
secure carport - check.
brick shed - check.
nice landscaping - check.
new colorbond fencing - check.

Dazz - the land is actually worth a fair bit, it's central Karrinyup.

Dazz - the land is actually worth a fair bit, it's central Karrinyup.

it's not worth much to the owner if it's yield is hopeless, which it sounds like it is. cmon BC, stop meddling with the dark side! all those points you mentioned above could be measured in cups of take away coffee per week...

rev cycle air conditioning - check. one medium coffee per week
secure carport - check. 2 coffees
brick shed - check. small coffee
nice landscaping - check. nothing
new colorbond fencing - check. nothing

maybe I am being harsh. this $70-$100k of outlay may yield a full large coffee per day

He's right BC. No matter what you do - your clients simply will not pay you extra for all the baubles. She's an old 3x1 in Karrinyup. Rent per week is a known amount, plus or minus.

phone relevant government dept and offer it as accommodation for boat people, humanitarian migrants, paedophiles, home detention crims, or defence force personnel. :eek:

a motel owner in Brisbane is getting $80 a day per boat person.

student accommodation.

explore child care centre conversion. homes on parks are advantageous.
see if the neighbours want to sell as two adjoining homes are easier to rezone.....do the DA and onsell.

On paper my oldie is a 3 bedder with two seperate living areas. But being an older home it has huge hallways and one area was big enough to be classified as a dining room.
Bang. Instant four bedder for no cost giving an extra $30 or per week. This sort of thing can be done in many older homes.

phone relevant government dept and offer it as accommodation for boat people, humanitarian migrants, paedophiles, home detention crims, or defence force personnel. :eek:

a motel owner in Brisbane is getting $80 a day per boat person.

student accommodation.

explore child care centre conversion. homes on parks are advantageous.
see if the neighbours want to sell as two adjoining homes are easier to rezone.....do the DA and onsell.

I like how you group Defence personnel into that lot.:eek:
Actually seeing how good they have it in the forces( many to blind to realise it until they get out). I feel a bit funny towards them myself at times.
Tell me why does a couple on over $80,000 each need mortgage assistance from the Army. Im getting worked up. Bye.:mad:

defence force personnel - I'd need all the perks in the world to convince me to go to the Afghanistan desert for months at a time fighting a seemingly unwinnable war - I kinda think they deserve the help they get with housing - but that's just me.

it's pretty much at it's limit i know - which is why i need help.

my BIL bought it and now wants to sell it becuase the yield is too low. i warned him of it and told him top sit tight for a few years with 6 month leases at a time (3 if he can get it) when rents spike but the numpty signed them up for 12months at 6month's ago rental price.

they're not savvy like most of us but he's young and needs to start somewhere. i don't think he did his DD very well (at all?) and now is being burned.

that's interesting Aaron! I've been watching properties sell like hotcakes to investors lately which would coast $150 - $200/wk to hold on a 105% buy. I was wondering if the investors actually realise that before they buy.

Aaron - do you know much about the granny flat rules in Perth.

Was talking to a co recently who manufactures. He mentioned only a related family member could stay in them. So I was wondering how you'd go about convincing council for approval when it was already a rental.

it's only on 320sqm of land - after the house and carport, the courtyard is in the front setback - not much left for a granny flat.

you can ask for a dual-key setup. it generally requires planning consent but it's no different to student accom up to 6 beds.

defence force personnel - I'd need all the perks in the world to convince me to go to the Afghanistan desert for months at a time fighting a seemingly unwinnable war - I kinda think they deserve the help they get with housing - but that's just me.

Are you kidding. Perk after perk after perk,Competitive wages to the civilian world.GFC ? What GFC. And then when all that training must be used and they go to war. They get bucket loads of cash on top of their wage. Where do i sign.

Truth is if you are in a field that also can be done in the forces. Then join up i say.My little brother is earning more after 6 months in the airforce than my wife is currently earning after 10 years in the civilian world.
I love my job but if i had my time again i would be in like a flash.

Back