individual property websites

I know this has been covered before - but i'm looking for some updates...

anyone been using an individual website to sell a property??? or know someone who has??

I am looking for some recommendations - a friend owns and luxury acreage property and wants to sell it...he is looking at a website as part of his marketing campaign.

anyone worthwhile?? how much would it cost?? etc etc

ta
UC

I don't have a great deal of experience in this area and tried to avoid answering, however no one else has so i will put in my bit. I have built a website for a property our agency had on the market and as such i can only speak from that one experience.

Overall the site was a great way to present the property in a much more interesting and interactive way than RE.com or similar. I think the key is to make sure that this is the case and that the site IS interactive. I used flash to allow scrolling photo galleries, background music etc and i think it added a nice touch. Make sure the site is giving the viewer something more than other advertising can give them.

Having said this, i think an individual website should be reserved for prestiege property (sounds like your friends may fit this profile) and should only be used in conjunction with a full advertising campaign rather than relied upon in place of any other advertising.

When it comes to cost, unfortunately i'm not sure on a commercial level. What i can tell you is i had never made a flash website in my life and managed to get this done with the help of some youtube guides, lots of frustration and many hours.

It's a shame you didn't post this a week earlier, the hosting only ran out a few days ago!

I think a website for a prestige property is a good idea and that's what I would be doing if I was selling something substantial.

It would definitely have to be more than just what re.com.au has to offer.

I would put in a couple of videos - like the "virtual tours", but perhaps with commentaries (like the ways they do at home shows). One thing with larger properties is that you lose perspective of where everything is.

You could also put something about the neighbourhood for any prospective interstate buyers - showing the town centre (and perhaps any chance of re-development).

Similar, but in the example I gave above the property is being listed by an agent who also has it on REA/Domain.com etc and the unique webpage is an extension of that to give it more prestige/attention etc.

There's no way the 96osmond.com.au web site would work if it was relying only on people going to google typing in "houses for sale in Norwood" or the small amount of the market that drive past and see the sandwhich board with the URL on it. The unique website should be to compliment the realestate websites by offering more detailed descriptions, extra info., more photos etc which the prospective buyer is directed to if they do have more than a passing interest in the property.

People can even end up costing themselves dearly by trying to avoid an agent by this means. Saw a schmuck doing it a while back and the property sold for easily $30k less than it should have, much more than the $8k commission he saved.

Back