Infringement Notice

Hi,

I have an IP in WA. Have just received an infringement notice "Regulation 77 of the Water Services Regulation 2013" which is from the Water Corporation.

In this case would the tenant pay the infringement or is it left to me to pay?

Thanks

Did they say what it was for? Reg 77 very likely relates to using sprinklers on days other than the 2 allocated ones you get per week.

On the surface, likely to be tenant's fault/problem.

However, were they watering manually? Did they setup the reticulation? If it was already set up, is it reasonable to expect them to change it if/when their days changed? Do they have the access / knowledge to change it?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just returned from work and the infringement is in the mail. In looking it up it appears to be for watering (of some kind). The reticulation is fully set up after paying to have it fixed. Grass probably needed a water I'd say with the heat over there at the moment.

I'll call the Water Corporation tomorrow to see if they can give me more information.

It is $500 .... ouch.

Thanks

Everyone does it (my reticulation goes 7 days a week at the moment because my plants are dying of previous neglect) but never heard of anyone getting in trouble before. I'm betting someone dobbed them in :(

Ultimately, unfortunately, the buck stops with the owner.

Everyone does it (my reticulation goes 7 days a week at the moment because my plants are dying of previous neglect) but never heard of anyone getting in trouble before. I'm betting someone dobbed them in :(
Ouch! I would not do that. I saw water corp driving through my area taking down details of properties where sprinkers where on during winter. Not sure if they do that for watering days too but personally I would not risk it.

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/save-water/watering-days

Ultimately, unfortunately, the buck stops with the owner.
It depends. If the retic was programmed by a contractor then the owner should pay. If the tenants reprogramed it or switched it on manually, the owner may be able to negotiate an agreement with the tenant.

This is another "gotcha" for LLs, I guess we need to have in all leases that water restrictions will be abided by.

If the tenant has to pay for water usage as per the lease then they should pay if using that water incorrectly

If the tenant breaks the rules then surely they are responsible to pay the fine.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I spoke to my PM last night and viewed the water corporation website for timing restrictions in the area. Appears watering did take place outside of the hours allowed therefore PM has advised that tenant is totally responsible for this.

Have passed on infringement for reimbursement.

SWS

Back