Insatiable Greed - Sydney

Check out the comments from these FHB's:

http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estat...ays-to-purchase-property-20140903-10btc7.html

"Mr Hasbani would be happy to see prices continue to rise now that he had secured his family's future on some sought-after real estate."

"He hopes prices keep rising so it justifies his investment. "It would be **** if they went down."

I am sure they would have been perfectly happy if prices dropped 50% the day before they purchased but as soon as they are in the market prices 'must' rise.

They have purchased in areas with the expectation that prices will only go up because thats what they always do. If they want to give their families the best opportunity they should have moved to Brisbane where it is much cheaper so that their disposable income is not eaten up by interest repayments and can actually be spent on their family.

I read the article, what's wrong about being human? :confused:

http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estat...ays-to-purchase-property-20140903-10btc7.html

"Mr Hasbani would be happy to see prices continue to rise now that he had secured his family's future on some sought-after real estate."

"He hopes prices keep rising so it justifies his investment. "It would be **** if they went down."

Of course it'll be shoit... he's just stating the obvious.
I am sure they would have been perfectly happy if prices dropped 50% the day before they purchased but as soon as they are in the market prices 'must' rise.

Uh huh, I will too, like winning a jackpot :rolleyes:

They have purchased in areas with the expectation that prices will only go up because thats what they always do. If they want to give their families the best opportunity they should have moved to Brisbane where it is much cheaper so that their disposable income is not eaten up by interest repayments and can actually be spent on their family.

Moving to Brisbane is da plan here...:eek:

I should reiterate, many people are jumping in with the mentality that:

I am sure the mans five kids don't want prices to keep rising, assuming they hope to buy in the future that is.

The short sightedness of those who often have the least often does surprise me however.

Its all about the equity, maaate

Last edited:

I have to agree with you here... when i read the article this morning i felt rather disgusted by the exact points you highlighted.

People sook when they can't get it. Then when they get it, it becomes a case "haha" look what i got and you don't have. Just terrible.....

I think this family will do well in the long run. I bet they have a hefty deposit and community back up. They'll build a good family home and entertain heaps.
As for insatiable greed ... yes, ugly.

Mentioned in another thread...And as i mentioned,good for sellers but it's only going to end in tear for buyers,,,Sad fact,

Ps.Education and empathy goes along way instead of targeting the vulnerable and the naive.Where is the morals...Morally wrong if you stoop on this level.Makes me sick on people how can people can do this!

Idiots
They could get a fully completed home in North Lakes for about $400k, be a lot nearer to a CBD than in Kellyville and have no problem getting work in aged care. No sympathy for them.

How true Angel but they live in Sydney. I didn't enjoy the Sydney-Brisbane commute.
But people can move and better their situation if they really want to but the problem for many is it is easier to complain.
I have lived in over a dozen different suburbs in several different states in 2 different countries in my lifetime and it didn't kill me.

But people can move and better their situation if they really want to but the problem for many is it is easier to complain.
I have lived in over a dozen different suburbs in several different states in 2 different countries in my lifetime and it didn't kill me.

Something that makes is hard to move is family.... are you expecting people to uproot their entire family (include mum, dad, brothers, sisters etc) just because its too hard to buy?

For some people its easier to just move interstate and leave their family behind.... not everyone is the same. I even found it hard to move out of the inner west to the north shore simply because family is closer by living out this way.

Something that makes is hard to move is family.... are you expecting people to uproot their entire family (include mum, dad, brothers, sisters etc) just because its too hard to buy?
Really? :rolleyes:
You have heard of planes right?
They are big and shiny and carry people huge distances in a matter of hours for less money than you can drive.
And skype, you click a button and mummies face appears on the screen and you can talk to her for free, its almost as good as being there.

Marvelous inventions both of these , one was totally un-afordable when I moved out from under mummies skirts and the other was unheard of.
Modern communications and cheap airfares make it easy as.

Really? :rolleyes:
You have heard of planes right?
They are big and shiny and carry people huge distances in a matter of hours for less money than you can drive.
And skype, you click a button and mummies face appears on the screen and you can talk to her for free, its almost as good as being there.

Marvelous inventions both of these , one was totally un-afordable when I moved out from under mummies skirts and the other was unheard of.
Modern communications and cheap airfares make it easy as.

Just because you're quite happy being away from your family, doesn't mean everyone else in the world shares your same opinion.

You may feel talking to a computer screen or over the phone is "almost a good as being there".... so good for you, but it isn't for everyone.

Also if talking over a computer screen is so great, then why do business' still have offices? Surely everyone can just work in front of a computer screen. :rolleyes:

Just because you're quite happy being away from your family, doesn't mean everyone else in the world shares your same opinion.
Well I guess if you can't stand on your own to feet and need family living in your pocket to survive then you have to stop complaining and embrace the high cost of living in Sydney.
Its your choice after all ;)

You may feel talking to a computer screen or over the phone is "almost a good as being there".... so good for you, but it isn't for everyone.
You forgot the big shiney plane getting me there for that real life contact you obviously you so desperately crave.

Also if talking over a computer screen is so great, then why do business' still have offices? Surely everyone can just work in front of a computer screen.
Some businesses are still in the stone-age example being Dr's, hospitals and govt departments that cant email information and still rely on snail mail and paper.

Other businesses need to work on things, its a bit difficult for a mechanic to work on my car via skype for example. :rolleyes:

Well I guess if you can't stand on your own to feet and need family living in your pocket to survive then you have to stop complaining and embrace the high cost of living in Sydney.
Its your choice after all ;)

You forgot the big shiney plane getting me there for that real life contact you obviously you so desperately crave.

Some businesses are still in the stone-age example being Dr's, hospitals and govt departments that cant email information and still rely on snail mail and paper.

Other businesses need to work on things, its a bit difficult for a mechanic to work on my car via skype for example. :rolleyes:

Nice. Because I present an alternative view it automatically means I can't afford property in Sydney. Meanwhile you sit there on your high horse in QLD where cost of living is actually cheaper preaching how superior your views are.

Your view on human contact just demonstrates how narrow minded you are. If a person just uproots and goes to another state, what if they rely on family to help look after the children as it saves on child care costs, what if a member of the family is elderly and requires care. How about adding those costs back into the equation.

What about time, as a simplistic example, what if a person has to work extra hours to support their children because their extended family isn't around to help, which leads to the parents not being around to raise the kids properly. Everything has a flow on effect and not as rosy as you make it sound.

As for the plane, sure no worries, its not like these people are struggling to pay mortgages anyway, lets just add another expense of flights to the cash flow sheet.

And business' in the stone age. You crack me up, collaboration isn't the easiest thing to do even with technology. While its possible, the time taken is increased and cost savings eroded. But then again what do i know... based on the fact I'm presenting an alternative view it must mean i'm not able to afford anything in Sydney probably because i don't earn enough money right?

I think you took my comment as whinging.

I was pointing out that moving interstate doesn't necessarily better their situation. There are more factors to it, family is one of the big ones.

Not everything is black and white.

I think you took my comment as whinging.

I was pointing out that moving interstate doesn't necessarily better their situation. There are more factors to it, family is one of the big ones.

Not everything is black and white.

But if Sydney houses are nearing 1 million and Brisbane houses are half the price the difference buys a lot of plane tickets
$30,000/years worth of them

Back