Insertion of </div>

So Firefox 3 and "enhanced interface" appear to be a bad mix.

I can't reproduce your problem using Firefox 3.0.1 (is this the exact version you are using) ?

If you re-enable the enhanced interface editor, does the problem re-appear?

D'oh! Have turned off enhanced interface again. Sim, I've attached a snapshot of my Firefox version, if any of that helps you troubleshoot. :)
</div></div>

Attachments

• 080722 firefox.jpg
    080722 firefox.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 81
Oh no, don't tell me it's back!

Edit: Started creating the last post while in "Enhanced interface", changed options part-way through, which must be what caused the problem. This post used standard interface for the whole post and is fine, ie It looks like the problem is definitely the enhanced interface.

ie It looks like the problem is definitely the enhanced interface.

This post is from Firefox 3.0.1 using the enhanced interface. Works for me.

It's possible one of your browser plugins or themes is conflicting with the enhanced interface code somehow. Perhaps try disabling all plugins and themes in Firefox and try it again?

This post is from Firefox 3.0.1 using the enhanced interface. Works for me.
I don't doubt that it can work; I should say that for me the problem is definitely reproducibly to do with the enhanced interface, and something to do with my particular implementation of FF3 (as I don't get the same problem with IE).

Now that I've restated the issue, let's see if this one is OK, I just disabled an add-on that I put in about the same time as these problems appeared...

Now that's weird - I did nothing between the last two messages except check my options and confirm that I was using enhanced interface...
</div>

I'm now wondering if my first post after re-starting Firefox always works... hang on, I'll test that theory by re-starting with same config... would perhaps also explain the various "flukes"
</div>

Yes, LynnH, I do - but as a mother of 7-year-olds I'm used to that ;)

Please excuse me whilst I figure out exactly what's going on here.

All but Wired Marker post 2

OK, I've re-enabled Wired Marker - this post should be clear and the next one should have the marks inserted... (fingers crossed)

Back