Interior Door Colour Help?

A few years ago I gave my PPOR a quick paint inside. I didn't do the interior doors as they looked okay at the time, but they could now do with a coat of paint.

The skirtings/architraves etc are the same colour as the walls, but in gloss acrylic. The color is quite neutral. Here is a pic comparing it to the white of the ceilings.

photo.jpg

My question is, should I be painting the doors in gloss white, or the same gloss paint colour as the trims?

I am thinking white, but I'd like to know what current practice/trends are.

Thanks!

A lot depends on the type and style of house and ultimately your preference. I have recently painted internally Antique White USA for the walls/ceilings and the architraves/skirts are White on White (Dulux). It is whiter and lighter than the main colour and gives a subtle contrast. Of course it is an Edwardian house.

A more contemporary home may go with the same colour throughout, but I would definitely, go with the same gloss colour on doors, skirts and architraves.

And isn't it always the way, you start painting one thing and as soon as you finish, the unpainted surfaces just look drab. And that doesn't only hold for painting!

I agree, I would definitely, go with the same gloss colour on doors, skirts and architraves.
I wouldn't recomment a different colour for the doors than what is on the architraves that's for sure.

Back