Investing in Business

I'm a firm believer in putting money into more than one asset class, and i know alot of you invest in shares but I don't hear of many that invest directly into or that own their own businesses.

Are there any entrepreneurs amongst us? Anyone that has thought about or that has invested some equity into business?

Would love to hear some feel good stories or hard learnt lessons from all that have!

Hi Stumunro,

We have had some good sucess in our own business over the last 2 1/2 years.
It has been more an investment of time rather than equity/money since we built the business from nothing.

Never really thought about investing in others business or buying a business, maybe that is an option in future.

My dream business is one which runs 100% by itself and only needs monitoring once in a while.

Good luck.

Are there any entrepreneurs amongst us?
Quite a few, actually.

If you have the skills needed to run a business they can be both fulfilling and profitable. I also feel you should follow a passion into business not scan the classifieds trying to buy a job. But that's just me. :D

Quite a few, actually.

If you have the skills needed to run a business they can be both fulfilling and profitable. I also feel you should follow a passion into business not scan the classifieds trying to buy a job. But that's just me. :D

Yes I agree, I have a love (am i abnormal?) for business systems and the process used to set a business up for growth. I have tried to self educate myself by reading book after book but am considering borrowing against some equity to finance my first business.

How have you guys found the capital to start your businesses?

Back