Investing in Hoppers Crossing - Capital/rental income

Hi,

I have been looking regualarly on RE.com at potencial IP's and I have been very curious about Hoppers Crossing. I guess my inititial attraction to this area is the price you can pick up a say 3bed house on a substancial block of land, and im talking 700-1000sq blocks! You can still pick up a 3Bed house on a 800sq block, close to all amenities for around the 300k mark and you can rent it for 320-340p/w approx 22k's from the city, schools nearby, plenty of shopping centres, train station, and buses

I think it really isn't offering much less then say Altona Meadows, Point Cook, Seabrook and these suburbs dont have anywhere near the land content that hoppers has on offer. The fact that it is further from the city I suppose is the only factor I can see as to why the properties prices aren't already on par with these other suburbs nearby. Not to mentions Hoppers is probabily the closest suburb in the West to offer land of this size at this price and still at very affordable prices.

Considering these factors and as a long-term investment strategy I think its not such a bad investment when you look at it from a distance, as i said i dont no a great deal about the area but this is just what i have seen since i have done a little bit of research.

I would like to hear your thoughts, all view welcome :)

Regards,

Hi,

I have been looking regualarly on RE.com at potencial IP's and I have been very curious about Hoppers Crossing. I guess my inititial attraction to this area is the price you can pick up a say 3bed house on a substancial block of land, and im talking 700-1000sq blocks! You can still pick up a 3Bed house on a 800sq block, close to all amenities for around the 300k mark and you can rent it for 320-340p/w approx 22k's from the city, schools nearby, plenty of shopping centres, train station, and buses

I think it really isn't offering much less then say Altona Meadows, Point Cook, Seabrook and these suburbs dont have anywhere near the land content that hoppers has on offer. The fact that it is further from the city I suppose is the only factor I can see as to why the properties prices aren't already on par with these other suburbs nearby. Not to mentions Hoppers is probabily the closest suburb in the West to offer land of this size at this price and still at very affordable prices.

Considering these factors and as a long-term investment strategy I think its not such a bad investment when you look at it from a distance, as i said i dont no a great deal about the area but this is just what i have seen since i have done a little bit of research.

I would like to hear your thoughts, all view welcome :)

Regards,
I think Hoppers Crossing is great, big blocks, established area with some great houses, right next door to Williams Landing which will be huge, and really it's not that further out than Altona Meadows. I go to gym in Hoppers and live in Altona Meadows, just over five minutes, I don't think its much of a difference considering what you get for your money. I think what Altona Meadows has got going for it over Hoppers would be Altona Beach and Pier street.

Back