Investors Direct Seminar

Hi all I am new to property investing and I am thinking of going to an investor direct seminar, has anyone here been and do you think it is worth it.
Thanks

hi newtoinvesting
little bit of advice
going to these seminars are great as a learning tool and take along a pad and paper and write down as much as possible.
but remember a very good saying from a real estate a few here know.
don't sign anything.
and that includes signing in if that includes giving email addresses.
these seminars are a wealth of information but are also a net so make sure that you get the information but have a knife to get out of the net.
my .002

I personally like the Investors Direct and Michael Yardney seminars. I think there is a large amount of valuable information and no 'hard' selling.

Bill Zeng's views (Investor Direct) have really given me a different way to look at finance but I didn't pursue with his company and wasn't pushed to do so either. Well said, grossreal, learn as much as you can and then make up your own mind if this fits your situation or not.

kaf

We have found Bill Zhengs $55 seminars great value. May not have used Investors Direct as yet, and with no pressure at all, but they certainly give you something to ponder on.

ID DVD LK N C

Got this information the other day from moneybags;

id-inv_prop.gif

About Bill Zheng

Bill Zheng is the founder of Investors Direct Financial Group, Australia's largest property finance company that specializes entirely in investor and developer finance.

In 2005 Bill ranked #1 in Victoria in the first national survey for mortgage brokers, the "MPA Top 100 Mortgage Brokers"

In 2006, Bill was shortlisted from thousands of nominees by the Australian Mortgage Awards as a finalist for the category of "Sales Manager of the Year 2006 (Independent)". The winner is to be announced in late 2006.

Bill arrived in Australia at the age of 21 with $300 in borrowed money. He spoke very little English and didn't know anyone in Australia and had nowhere to stay. He had to overcome years of conditioning from growing up in a poor family to become financially free.

Bill has spent over $600k of his own money to travel around the world and to learn from the best practioners in the wealth creation industry. He is an active property investor himself, just like many of his team members. Bill has personally tested the finance strategies Investors Direct is sharing with its many clients. He is one of Australia's most sought after speakers in finance and wealth psychology.

Apart from his day job as a business developer for many businesses, he is also an active investor and passionate educator. He believes that everyone in Australia can become financially free if they really want to. He spends many hours a week mentoring others who want to achieve financial freedom for their families.

Bill Zheng is not your average financier; he has personally tested his own property strategies by building a multi-million dollar property portfolio through capital growth and cash flow properties, renovation and development.

Regardless of where you are in property at the moment, whether a first timer, skilled or sophisticated investor or property developer, you will be astounded by Bill's finance psychology and strategies. He will change your perception on what is possible and lift your level of understanding of property and finance to a completely new level.

This 90 minute presentation was made at the Reno Kings' Property to the Max 2005 - Ultimate Property Workshop.

In this presentation Bill talks about the importance of your psychology when it comes to making money and being a successful investor. He also gives his insights into how to become the most successful investor you can be.

He tells us:
how to make more effective decisions as an investor
does property double every 7.2 years?
is 10% compounding real?
why residential property is the most effective asset class for creating nett wealth
why finance is the main reason you invest in property, and property is just a vehicle to obtain finance
why you need a finance strategy BEFORE you start investing
the 95% rule of investment and why it works 95% of the time
which strategy is better, investing for capital growth or cash flow?
why CAPITAL is king, NOT cashflow
the critical importance of TIME in creating wealth
the best time to buy investment property
why debt is your friend because it provides you with cheaper cashflow
why its important to identify what stage you are at and how it will impact your success as an investor.

It amuses me every time I see a quote from Bill Zheng that the amount of money he spends on his financial education creeps up by ~ $100k. That DVD cover states he's spent $600k on his education, which was up from $500k from a newsletter a couple of months ago, which was up from $300k 9 months ago.

I'd be impressed with anyone spending $10k on their financial education, let alone 6 figures. :)

-- MJ.

I saw Bill speak a couple of years ago and was impressed.

You can gain in many ways from attending events.

You can learn from the presenter

You can network and make new contacts

You can come away motivated by either the presenter, the information or others you have met, and take action you would not have followed through on.

Attitudes to the cost you are willing to pay for your education show much about how you see yourself.

I have spent mid five figures and my only regret was not to have had the chance to do so 30 years earlier, if such information had been available, and I had been ready.

I have friends who have spent 6 figures on their education, and they have more wealth in proportion to the greater learning they have gained.

I however also have friends who have done it on their own, with no need to access the teachings of others. It depends I guess if you are a self starter.

I find it easier to take the ideas of others a adapt them for my own use than to invent the system.

It amuses me every time I see a quote from Bill Zheng that the amount of money he spends on his financial education creeps up by ~ $100k. That DVD cover states he's spent $600k on his education, which was up from $500k from a newsletter a couple of months ago, which was up from $300k 9 months ago.

I'd be impressed with anyone spending $10k on their financial education, let alone 6 figures. :)

-- MJ.

:D A couple of Anthony Robbins Seminars would probably add up pretty quickly

Agreed $600k is an enormous amount

We went to a combined Bill Zheng & Michael Yardney workshop last weekend. It was worth going to and we have an appointment with investors direct tomorrow, hopefully we will be able to restructure a couple of loans to avoid us selling a house in order to move forward. There was certainly no hard sell except that they overdid the marketing of their mentor programs even though there was no pressure. We are experienced investors and we found it worthwhile. We did however leave early because we felt that it was getting a little ridiculous in the way Bill was trying to make his point and demonstrating why people needed his mentor program ie throwing 5c pieces around the room and analysing the amount people had likening it property and reasons why people didn't move forward with property and it continued in this same vein making it look like people were quite stupid for the next 10 minutes so we left - it had already gone overtime so we felt there wasn't much left to hear.

:D A couple of Anthony Robbins Seminars would probably add up pretty quickly

Agreed $600k is an enormous amount

That would be because one of his mentors charges him $120k per annum. :)

(Went to the Bill Zheng/Michael Yardney presentation in Brisbane today...)

-- MJ.

They are in Perth soon..

ID SEMINAR

“Discover The Little Known Yet Highly Effective Investing, Cash Flow And Asset Protection Strategies of 3 Australian Multi-Millionaires, That Allow Them To Attract Maximum Money in Minimum Time While Safe Guarding Their Assets Behind a Hidden Wall of Security…”

If you’re a property investor, entrepreneur or small business person who wishes to possess the skills, knowledge and experience of 3 well known Australian multi-millionaires, then grab your seat at this unique Wealth Attraction Workshop and discover the secrets to abundant wealth straight from the mouth of Bill Zheng, Mal Emery and Tony Melvin. But Hurry, time is running out and seats will go fast…

BEST PART: Spend a full day with Multi-Millionaires Bill Zheng, Mal Emery and Tony Melvin at the “Opportunities in Property Investment & Wealth Attraction Workshop for Entrepreneurs!” on Saturday 9th at the Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre.

And best of all, it won’t cost you a fortune either. For just $79 you get to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime event …

You Get To Discover These 3 Critical Elements…

ü The real secrets of building your property portfolio by selecting the right properties with the right financing…

ü Little known business and cash flow secrets of a maverick Aussie multi-millionaire…

ü And how to lock up and protect your assets, shielding them behind an impenetrable wall of security…

PLUS you also get $442 worth of valuable FREE wealth creation bonuses as soon as you walk in the door (more on this later).

NOT ONLY THAT, your investment is completely covered with a rock solid, ironclad 200% money-back guarantee if you’re not completely blown away with the information on offer! That means, if you’re not happy, you get $158 straight back into your pocket for wasting your time.

Hmm, I'm not saying these seminars are a waste of money, however I can only state my own personal achievements from not attending ANY costed seminars.

I am 35, own my own house (250K), have no personal debt at all, own 7 other IPs with over 50% equity in the investment portfolio. Houses are worth around the 1.5M mark.

My only costs? About 12 books on IP investing.

So therefore what I am saying is, personally I don't think people "have" to spend all this money on seminars, you CAN do it yourself. That doesn't mean to say all these seminars are bad, just letting you know that you don't have to pay a stack of money to be successful.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Would you mind sharing the names of those you found particularly helpful?

Yep sure,

By Margaret Lomas;

How to make your money last as long as you do
How to create an income for life
How to maximise your property portfolio
Pocket guide to investing in positive cash flow property
The truth about positive cash flow property

By Steve McKnight;

From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years
$1,000,000 in property in one year
From 0 to 260+ properties in 7 years

By Jan Somers;

Building wealth - story by story
More wealth from residential property
(and another one which I've lent out and hasnt been returned grrr)

Thats the main ones. 3 different authors, 3 different views, and great to combine the knowledge and wisdom from all 3.

Andrew.

These books are great, I have all of them and many others like them on my bookshelves. They have been passed around and read by many, however, there comes a time when they are not enough. After many yaers of investing you get to a point where you don't find anything new, you could write a book yourself from your experiences. I was starting to lose my spark when I found "It's Easy To Be A Property Millionaire " by Craig Turbull in a bookstore and then followed some links through forums on the internet and bought some more expensive resources through following some linnks from Steve McKnight's forum on renovations and development which have all taken me way beyond the boredom I was starting to experience.

" Ordinary Millionaires" Jim McKnight was another good one and the one I'm about to read again for clarity: "How to Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Property Portfolio in Your Spare Time" by Michael Yardney.

You will need to acknowledge that each author's style is different and that you can't expect to adopt completely any one person's style because you are not them, but it doesn't hurt to take a little from each. As your experience grows and you change, so will your style of investing.

We are just renovating and adjusting our portfolio and we can't believe how our tastes and style have changed over the last 13 years, think about your food and drink tastes change- so do your investment tastes- so will your choice of reading material, if it doesn't you won't grow.
Kate

We went to Bill senimar then had a one on one with one of his guys re his new mortgage product. Have to say that there was no pressure at all either on the day or afterwards as we sort things out. You could spend $55 on something a lots worse and Investors Direct seem very Ok to us. As suggested here, do your own figures, but we have not experienced any pressure.

That would be because one of his mentors charges him $120k per annum. :)

(Went to the Bill Zheng/Michael Yardney presentation in Brisbane today...)

-- MJ.
It's not an enormous amount if it's 2% of your income.

My education expenses are tracking around 10% of total expenditure over the last 2 years, it's a sink or swim attitude from me, I want to swim.

I have no problem with people running property investing seminars, but the fees they charge are just ridiculous. For example, how much reno kings charge, $2000 per person per day ? When you even have 50 people attending that would be $100K per day ! I am sure you would learn from the seminar with a tip or two. Hey, I find truckload of hints & tips from this forum and it's totally free. I feel those running the seminars make property investing more complicated than it is and make out as if they have some untold secrets.

Back