Investors, forums and intelligence?

When I was in year 10 literally half the girls dropped out pregnant - they have kids in high school now, serving at the checkouts in Coles. Probably a few have grandkids too. When I was in year 12 I was one of a very small group that actually PASSED and went to uni, meaning of course I moved to Adelaide, which means I have completely lost touch with everyone I went to school with. I wouldn't have anything in common with them now anyway - barring the whole not-working thing right now, I'm degree qualified and having kids in my 30s. That's so weird!

I've had a lot drop out and have kids.

Just completed year 12 and i passed everything :D even chemistry so i was quite proud, but most of my "friends" didn't pass or dropped out.

Now i'm doing the same thing, moving to a different state and cutting ties with everyone! I already started the process of ignoring people, deleting my myspace account on cutting my friends on facebook from over 340 to just 90, and i'll be cutting more soon.

I'm going to be weird too, having kids mid 20s and knowing the father, even weirder actually being married to the father!! Oh my what is this world coming too!

Maybe then, there is a link to those who want to better their financial situation with a higher than average intelligence (and I am not trying to blow my own horn here, it is just a ponderance). Not really being involved with other sites, I was trying to ascertain if other sites had the same/similar levels as to this site.

skater,

I have to agree with you.

It is my experience that Financial Literacy just cannot be learned with some people. Like my dear brother, who is the first to admit it.

There must be a gene there that enables the person to adapt, comprehend and process the information in a mathematical form while all the while assessing the logic of it. They must then remember and have the ABILITY and MOTIVATION as Peter suggests, to apply it.

Does that make sense? (BTW Great post, Peter.)

I believe that the ability to do this differs from person to person. In a Financial sense as well as anything else. Could I have been a Doctor? No. However, I have a friend who has just graduated and she has always had the most uncanny ability to remember the most minute detail on all manner of things. She is also highly motivated.

The ability to do this determines what we are best at and ultimately finds us our passion.

Property Investing is not for everyone.

Just my opinionated opinion!:)

Regards JO

I've had a lot drop out and have kids.

Just completed year 12 and i passed everything :D even chemistry so i was quite proud, but most of my "friends" didn't pass or dropped out.

Now i'm doing the same thing, moving to a different state and cutting ties with everyone! I already started the process of ignoring people, deleting my myspace account on cutting my friends on facebook from over 340 to just 90, and i'll be cutting more soon.

I'm going to be weird too, having kids mid 20s and knowing the father, even weirder actually being married to the father!! Oh my what is this world coming too!

Hey lil skater- that is fantastic and congratulations! What a relief to have all of that studying over and done with. For now...:D

Regards JO

Hey lil skater- that is fantastic and congratulations! What a relief to have all of that studying over and done with. For now...:D

Regards JO

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't study, much to the dismay of my parents i didn't look at a single book!

What a relief to have all of that studying over and done with. For now...:D

Regards JO

Hmmm......There are words I could use to describe my feelings on this one. Very naughty girl this one when it comes to her studies. She'd rather spend her time on Somersoft than reading a text book. I s'pose she gets that from me.

Hmmm......There are words I could use to describe my feelings on this one. Very naughty girl this one when it comes to her studies. She'd rather spend her time on Somersoft than reading a text book. I s'pose she gets that from me.

My views..

Somersoft is:

-more interesting
-more useful
-realistic

Bloody textbooks are bull, i don't care what the angle of a triangle is..and i'm never going to!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't study, much to the dismay of my parents i didn't look at a single book!

Gosh, I used to envy people that could do that at school. I was living out of home through my last two years of HS. I would get up at the crack of dawn to catch the first bus to a cafe I knew was open at 5am. It was the only place I had peace and privacy to study as I was living with my friend and her family.

I would cram the study in until it was time to walk to school about 20 mins away.

No home computers to play with back then!

:)

Regards JO

What about when you need to know EXACTLY what the pitch of that roof is... ;)

I don't care! Pay some sad triangle nerd to do it :p

I do actually know how to do the triangles, but they annoyed me the most! I don't want to be a conveyencer!

Josko, i envy them too, i did say i passed, i didn't say by how much!

A lot of what you study is not because the information itself will necessarily be useful in the future, but because it helps you learn problem-solving skills, to think rationally, and to focus the mind on what you're doing.

And that's useful in any field of endeavour (except possibly some of the fine arts - some artists' best material comes when they're in a state where they can't do any of those things :D).

GP

No i meant conveyencer :p convey/survey same difference!

Lol, education ehh, never liked school :D

hehehehehe Lil Skater ...always remeber.."the best revenge is success!!"

Do (and better than) what your:rolleyes:;) poor long suffering Mum has had to put up with (you!!!! and your siblings) and you win !! :)
BTW (curse from Bill Cosby...may you have children that behave EXACTLY as you did !!!!!! :D )

Haha i know, i'm dreading the day i have kids!

I do plan on making a success out of myself in the near future, retire at 30 odd, ah that'll be nice :D

Skater... I am sure you are VERY proud of this eloquent, intelligent young lady you have raised :) WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only every parent was so GREAT to produce such finacially capable adults..the world would be an interesting place...

BUT!!! rejoice in all those dumb kids:) they will be employees and tenants for life ( and "we" need those people for us to have tenants) :D

Skater... I am sure you are VERY proud of this eloquent, intelligent young lady you have raised :)

LOL! Let me add a few more. Let me see, where to start? Ooh, I know: Headstrong, stubborn, loud, impatient, cheeky, ambitious, but best of all caring and loving................

Yes, she will certainly make her mark on the world.:cool:

Organisational Behaviour Forum

I note a number of other forums referred to. Does anybody subscribe to a Organisational Behaviour Forum that they subscribe or could recommend?

LOL! Let me add a few more. Let me see, where to start? Ooh, I know: Headstrong, stubborn, loud, impatient, cheeky, ambitious, but best of all caring and loving................

Okay i can agree with headstrong, stubborn, loud, cheeky and ambitious..As for impatient, that depends who i'm dealing with :p

Aww isn't that sweet Mum thinks i'm loving and caring :D

hehehehe..yes i have a couple of those too :D FUN!! aren't they :D
They BETTER give us grand kids that we can spoil STUPID!!! (at least hey will will have someting to genuinely winge about :D )

Back