iOs7- problems already

I installed iOs7 two days ago, and have had problems already.

At one stage, on my iPad, not only was the autorotate not working- apps were being rotated upside down. Neither the apps nor the main screen would rotate, despite changing the Lock Rotation settings and the side switch.

Fortunately a reboot appeared to fix the problem. For now.

Before anybody tells me to get an Android- I have generally been much happier with my iPad than my (much cheaper) Android. To convert to an equivalent Android would not only cost for the hardware, but also for some of the more expensive Apps. (I'm assuming that my iTunes library would be able to be converted somehow). I'm not an Apple fanboy, it's just not practical for me to throw out something which has otherwise been very useful to me.

I installed iOs7 two days ago, and have had problems already.

At one stage, on my iPad, not only was the autorotate not working- apps were being rotated upside down. Neither the apps nor the main screen would rotate, despite changing the Lock Rotation settings and the side switch.

Fortunately a reboot appeared to fix the problem. For now.

Before anybody tells me to get an Android- I have generally been much happier with my iPad than my (much cheaper) Android. To convert to an equivalent Android would not only cost for the hardware, but also for some of the more expensive Apps. (I'm assuming that my iTunes library would be able to be converted somehow). I'm not an Apple fanboy, it's just not practical for me to throw out something which has otherwise been very useful to me.

I haven't had any so far! Cross fingers. I had a few problems with the beta a few months ago but since gm it's been fine. Have you had any other issues (out of curiosity).

I've had no other issues so far- except working out that the swipe up to get to control centre has to start right at the bottom of the screen.

btw I do have an Android- a Nexus 7, which I use for when a smaller format is needed. Two separate units were replaced under warranty within the first month. Last week, I set the alarm to remind us to turn the stovetop off. It did the job admirably. To the point I couldn't turn it off. All alarms, countdowns and stopwatches were stopped- but the alarm kept on sounding. I had to lock it away in a drawer so the we could get back to sleep again.

No device is perfect, no matter what their devotees say.

A young lass at work today showed me her updated iPhone 4. It looks very different, and the swipe to unlock is hard to see (especially with the background she had on). She said it is only the past couple of days since she updated it.

Do I need to update my iPhone or can I continue to keep the old "look"?

If I plug it into iTunes will it update automatically?

after using my s4 for a few months i couldnt go to using an iphone there way too small and they hide so much stuff. least on android you can press the settings menu from nearly any menu that brings up a bunch of options.
you would think i have never used technology b4 if you seen me trying to use an iphone

A young lass at work today showed me her updated iPhone 4. It looks very different, and the swipe to unlock is hard to see (especially with the background she had on). She said it is only the past couple of days since she updated it.

Do I need to update my iPhone or can I continue to keep the old "look"?

If I plug it into iTunes will it update automatically?
You don't need to update it. And iTunes will prompt you to update the software when you have the iPhone connected. You don't have to update it though.

But the swipe to unlock is always in the same place, and it has animated colours running through the letters, so I don't think that's a big deal.

But I do like the quick availability of the BlueTooth (fingerswipe from the bottom of the screen)- other controls are there too. The mail search has always been a bit hit and miss, it's much better now.

after using my s4 for a few months i couldnt go to using an iphone there way too small and they hide so much stuff. least on android you can press the settings menu from nearly any menu that brings up a bunch of options.
you would think i have never used technology b4 if you seen me trying to use an iphone

I'm the same on an Android actually. It takes me a while to get around, and I'm still not very good at it. It doesn't mean that one is better or worse than the other- it's just what you're used to.

But the swipe to unlock is always in the same place, and it has animated colours running through the letters, so I don't think that's a big deal.
Actually, I've found out- a left to right swipe across a locked screen, anywhere, unlocks it.

I just updated my two phones today, still need to do the iPad.

I don't mind it so far, there were a few glitches but doesn't appear to be on mine so they must've fixed it. I wish they'd bring in a swipe keyboard though, after playing with my friends android I love the swipe function!

Wylie, you don't have to update it, but you may find it starts running slower after a while.

Can someone check for me if you have a calendar in the reminders app. I use mine everyday and on the new one there doesn't seem to be a calendar, so I don't know how to pick a date for the reminder? Is it a glitch or have they come up with a different route?

Cheers.

Can someone check for me if you have a calendar in the reminders app. I use mine everyday and on the new one there doesn't seem to be a calendar, so I don't know how to pick a date for the reminder? Is it a glitch or have they come up with a different route?

Cheers.

I have two apps, one calendar and one reminders. The reminders one doesn't appear to have the calendar synced, but if I press the info tab (i) it gives me the option to add a time, date and alarm etc.

So if I set a reminder it gives me an alarm, and a list of all reminders, but the reminders don't show up on the calendar.

I'm the opposite, couldn't go to the S4 - unless they made it about the size of an iphone.

Way too big, feels like I've got an iPad mini in my pocket.

I'll be waiting a little while yet. I'll probably wont upgrade the Wife's iPhone 4 at all. When I get some free time I'll save the current IPSW so I can have a play on mine and restore it later.

I'm the opposite, couldn't go to the S4 - unless they made it about the size of an iphone.

Way too big, feels like I've got an iPad mini in my pocket.
Actually I don't mind the size- along with the larger screen it has a thinner body, which makes it quite pocketable.

Back