IP Analysis Software

I've just recently downloaded the trial version of the Property Investment Calculator and I noticed that in the 10 year forecast it didn't calculate the interest on equity funds used at all. Wonder if this is a bug or limited functionality in the trial version?

I sent your problem off to:

www.propertyinvestmentsoftware.com.au

and got this reply:

"It does calculate the interest on equity funds used.

You must select Equity as the source of funds, and specify an % Rate for the equity"

Does that help?

:)

Thanks devank - they're excellent - would love to talk through these with you so I understood all the features!
Crido
Not a problem. Send me a PM with your email. Happy to go through.

Did you trial the PIA at all? I would like to get an honest view from who ever tried both. PIA has been around for a long time and also widely used. So I would that to be 'bug free'.

Hi All,

I have some money to start in the property investment game and have come across what on the surface seems to be a very useful tool put out by a company that is called Real Estate Investar. It is a search engine for property investers that searches all of Australia and NZ using specific criteria that you tell it too (much more comprehensive that any of the other sites such as realestate.com, domain.com, etc. ). It also can perform property analysis, property evaluation estimates, research suburb and property data trends and track your portfolio.

Seems like it could be a real time saver. Costs $259/month as casual membership or 2k for 1yr or 3k for 2yrs. I have attended a webinar on it and the company states that it is 100% tax deductible ( provided you purchase an investment property to claim against ).

I would be very interested to hear what others think about this sort of thing, and has anyone tried/used it, warn against it etc...

Thanks, Michelle.

Not a problem. Send me a PM with your email. Happy to go through.

Did you trial the PIA at all? I would like to get an honest view from who ever tried both. PIA has been around for a long time and also widely used. So I would that to be 'bug free'.

Great - thanks!

Yep, I tried PIA via Crossover and recognised it as "industry standard" software, however taking into consideration price as well as the ease of use (and GUI), I much prefer the other option, and so purchased that.

Cheers,
Crido

... Real Estate Investar ... Costs $259/month as casual membership or 2k for 1yr or 3k for 2yrs. I have attended a webinar on it and the company states that it is 100% tax deductible ( provided you purchase an investment property to claim against ).

I would be very interested to hear what others think about this sort of thing, and has anyone tried/used it, warn against it etc...

Thanks, Michelle.

Thanks for the suggestion Michelle.

It does seem expensive though and therefore may suit an investor that is purchasing several properties a year to justify the annual expense! Monthly might be the go for individual property purchases.

Cheers,
Crido

If you use the promo code IRR153040 then the price is further discounted by $40.00. After tax deductions it is costing about $60 or less. That did it for me :p

If you use the promo code IRR153040 then the price is further discounted by $40.00. After tax deductions it is costing about $60 or less. That did it for me :p

Is that for the REI membership? Per month?

If so, I can't find where to put the promo code.

:eek:

Hi All,

I have some money to start in the property investment game and have come across what on the surface seems to be a very useful tool put out by a company that is called Real Estate Investar. It is a search engine for property investers that searches all of Australia and NZ using specific criteria that you tell it too (much more comprehensive that any of the other sites such as realestate.com, domain.com, etc. ). It also can perform property analysis, property evaluation estimates, research suburb and property data trends and track your portfolio.

Seems like it could be a real time saver. Costs $259/month as casual membership or 2k for 1yr or 3k for 2yrs. I have attended a webinar on it and the company states that it is 100% tax deductible ( provided you purchase an investment property to claim against ).

Thanks, Michelle.
Yes, I did watch this webinar and it seemed great if you wish to adopt a strategy to buy properties just anywhere. To me the costing in not justified but it may be to others.
My strategy and criteria for selection is different, so I prefer to do my own research via RP data, APM for valuations and so on by checking the areas I am interested in and yes I do use my own Xcel I designed specifically for my portfolio (my background is in IT though so that may have been an advantage).
I think many people when they start to invest are really unsure why they are investing? Do research, research, research, then act and see the result. If successful repeat it again, if not, than modify your strategy and try again educating yourself along the way.
I think growth and some success in IP occur when we start treating IP investment as a business and run it as a business rather than as a hobby (even though we may think we are investing). I found out that once you treat it as a business the deals will be coming to you rather than you chasing the deals, but that takes a lot of time dealing with lots of people....
So any software and education is great if it's of service to you and you use it in some way to get ahead, don't you agree?:)

Yes, I did watch this webinar and it seemed great if you wish to adopt a strategy to buy properties just anywhere. To me the costing in not justified but it may be to others.
My strategy and criteria for selection is different, so I prefer to do my own research via RP data, APM for valuations and so on by checking the areas I am interested in and yes I do use my own Xcel I designed specifically for my portfolio (my background is in IT though so that may have been an advantage).
I think many people when they start to invest are really unsure why they are investing? Do research, research, research, then act and see the result. If successful repeat it again, if not, than modify your strategy and try again educating yourself along the way.
I think growth and some success in IP occur when we start treating IP investment as a business and run it as a business rather than as a hobby (even though we may think we are investing). I found out that once you treat it as a business the deals will be coming to you rather than you chasing the deals, but that takes a lot of time dealing with lots of people....
So any software and education is great if it's of service to you and you use it in some way to get ahead, don't you agree?:)

REI is a great service, I tried it a few times under casual payment terms. It does not disappoint as it manages to search through several real estate listings and looks for particular key words based off the "Investment Strategy" you would like to use.

I think it is a fair expense to have to endure if you deal with residential PI on a part time basis, but it is a great worth for what it offers. It really comes down to how much you end up using it, i.e. getting your return ;)

try this direct link

Devank, thank you so much for this link :) I think I would invest the $89 considering it offers regular updates and pretty much seems to be the powerful property tool it claims to be.

Also I couldn't agree with you more, MS Excel can do EVERYTHING all of the PI softwares out there can do and more as it is so flexible (that is why so many of them are Excel based!). But I did come to realise that some financiers (especially old-school) prefer a professional financial feasibility report, in lieu of an MS Excel report (spreadsheet). So that's another thing to take into consideration.

Back