IPs and travelling

Hmmm I think Air China for $2000 return works out the quickest and cheapest so far??

Considering that the taxes are around $500 it will be hard to get anything cheaper.

If you are 1 person travelling,
paying a few hundred $ extra to fly quantas is no big deal but if you're a family it adds up

I think the accomodation should be fine as Ill most likely stay with my friends or at my dads friends place for free or very cheap.

Accommodation is where most people spend their money when traveling. Food is also up there so you should decide on how you will keep food costs down too.

I love travel and I'm planning to go with my girlfriend to the Philippines soon to live for 6 months. I will be working a bit from my laptop but I can also save money as I'm going to rent out my PPOR. I can rent a place out there for us by a beautiful tropical beach only an hour from a city for 5,000 pesos (or about $100 AU) a month. I will catch fish for our food, live on organic vegetables and tropical fruits like mango's, bananas, coconuts etc.. Food is so cheap there anyway. A 3 course meal might only cost $5 AU in a good outdoor restaurant by a beach. For that you could get a lobster, grilled tuna or Marlin, fries, fresh salads and a mango shake...

I can't wait and I plan to travel to other places after that like Europe and other parts of Asia. To live cheaply in Europe might be a bit harder though so I would need to plan it carefully and read up at Lonely Planet forums etc.

You can also keep investing of course as you can research properties online and get a buyers agent.

here is a pic of when I was there last year:

DSC_0987-300x199.jpg

More pics in detail etc are on my travel blog which I'm still writing: http://www.philippinestravel.info/home/philippines-vacation-part3/

I want to finish that so I can start a new one when we leave soon and this time update it daily instead of writing it a year later lol.

Considering that the taxes are around $500 it will be hard to get anything cheaper.

If you are 1 person travelling,
paying a few hundred $ extra to fly quantas is no big deal but if you're a family it adds up

So on top of the ticket price Id still need to pay $500 tax??

Hi Invest,

I flew into Moscow from Melbourne via Bangkok for $1605 including taxes mid last year. Have you checked out Thai Airways? They were by far the cheapest I found.

Back