IPs - who does all the work?

Who does all the work

• 1 partner does the work, other partner is not really interested?

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • Both involved, but 1 does most of the physical reno bit.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • It's pretty evenly split 50/50.

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other- casue there is always other

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do everything, and always have. The wife has no interest in my property portfolio except to tell me I should sell some to make her life easier. Now she wants to spend $12,000 on another horse and I put my foot down and said no. (she has two already).

So she has given me the ultimatum that she will leave me if I buy another property.

I can't see this ending well.....

Wow maybe you should get in first and leave her, I mean how many horses can one person ride?

I do everything, he signs where I tell him to. I use tradies and we do the basic clean ups if needed.
After IP no 4 he knew I was serious and he now watches the Business Channel and lets me know whats happening in the share and housing markets; that is inbetween the fooball shows.

Yes, I to do most of everything related to IP's+ work.

• I select block - then by stealth get husband to view and agree.
  • I organise paperwork & hubby signs.
  • I organise finance.
  • I speak to his financial planner, hubby went shopping with daughter instead.
  • Hubby got a kiss on the cheek off Accountant today as so long since she had seen him.
  • Mind you hubby did not want to go to appointment with Accountant. Can't you handle it - well gee whiz I am not the one who has applied for and been given redundancy and finished work yesterday.
  • I organise for strata subdivision.
  • I organise builder and request variances.
  • I sort out problems, hubby is a marshmellow.
  • Hubby does landscaping BUT never ever finishes it - I have too.
  • The last build is the first time I have not laid turf ( I was off work sick for a week).
I do all the reading, asking questions & self education etc.

Yes - I get weary, but I visualise the bigger picture and hubby cooks tea most nights. Plus he 'trusts' me and accepts my mistakes.

Funny thing (and I am not complaining) - Accountant told us today we both have a tax bill for last year due to our (this is me again) share trading as I sold out of most shares last September.

I am lucky hubby let me TRY THINGS and supports me as I have a go.

Regards
Sheryn

Back