Ipswich for an IP??

Hi all,

I am looking at buying an IP in Ipswich. Just wondering what are people's opinion of this area and what are the best suburbs around there to buy in.

Thanks all,

Lee. :)

LeeB

Welcome to the forum!

There have been a couple of quite lengthy threads on investing in Ipswich. Try the "Search" button (just below and to the left of where your name appears at the top right corner of the page) and I'm sure you'll find heaps of info.

Cheers
LynnH

Hi Lee,
We have an IP in Raceview we have held for just over 12mths.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Ipswich area after your research?

Cheers
Stella

im am just finishing up and reno at brassal. high set qld'er, on block from two schools, one block from a gym and one block from shopping centre. easy access to the highway also.

its been a pretty full on 12mths but i think it will be worth it over time. i dont think i bought exceptionally well, but the market was running and i needed to get in. i think parts of ippy are getting to expensive, considering you could by a nice clean brick and tile 3 bed 2 bath place in forest lake for less money. ..

Ipswich has had very good CG over the past 5 years. We have moved into a slower market and with the amount of developing land in and around the Ipswich area I think CG could be very slow in the next couple of years.

So it is important to buy right with good yield. The holding costs need to be mostly covered.

my opinion only, not to be taken as advice.

Back