Ironical isn't it ..

Interesting how all the Navra fans are now happy that the fund is now outperforming the ASX.

Has The Navra fund made money in the last month ??

No ...

It just hasn't lost as much as the ASX.

Now they're outperforming the ASX they get more money .:)

See Change

Seech,

I think you'll find its the share holders of Navra as opposed to the unit holders of one of the NavTrade funds that are getting excited. They're finally seeing some outperformance and the likelihood of Navra earning a performance fee for the first time in a while.

I'm not a share holder but am a unit holder. Personally I'd rather see the fund making money than out-performing the index, but that could just be me...

One thing to realise though, is that the correction and subsequent serious outperformance has left the fund well placed to continue to outperform as the index recovers to its previous levels. As such, the fund can "milk more out of the market" within a certain trading range than the index obviously can itself. So if you think the market is trading at inflated levels then having a trading fund makes some sense as you're likely to experience more volatility. I reckon the market has some distance to run yet but like that there was a correction since this means I get "more" by it running that race. If it just went there in a straight line I wouldn't make as much by the time it got there.

Just my thoughts,
Michael.

see_change said:
Interesting how all the Navra fans are now happy that the fund is now outperforming the ASX.

No ...

See Change

Sc - you are sounding like Nat.....

see_change said:

No ...

See Change

SC,

I agree with Michael that the share holders would be more interested in this than the unit holders.

I don't think the units holders would care too much at the moment. Investing in managed funds should be a medium to long term project. The performance of the fund over a week or two when there is a change in the market dynamics doesn't really tell you a lot. My understanding of the NI model is that it works best when there is volatility, but the impact of the volatility is not seen immediately - it will be realised at some point in the future when the market presents the appropriate opportunities. Maybe that's a bit simplisitic, but that's how I think of it.

John.

Disclaimer: I do have a some of my funds invested in Navra, as well as a number of other MFs. I generally don't look at the unit prices of any of them on a daily basis. My minimum time betwen caring is when I get my quarterly statements.

Jacque said:
OK who's Nat?
I'm lost :confused:

Jacque

I *think* it is a reference to nat r who has made 113 posts, 114 of which are highly critical of derixex and/or deride anyone associated with them.

I could be wrong.

Mark

Nat is the sprightly forum member who made alot of comments during the derivex threads, who just popped up again recently like a pimple on prom night...i think were Simon's words!

Does that make this thread "moronical"? :D

Shall I bring you a cape for that crusade? ;) I'm sure all somersoftians are grateful for your eternal vigilence.

If you bought a powersaw and then discovered it wasn't much good for hammering in nails who would you have to blame?

There are different investment tools available for different purposes. As an actively traded income fund with a unique fee proposition, the NavraInvest Australian and US funds deserve consideration for their purpose...namely aiming to provide quarterly income. What you do with that income is up to you. Some people may spend it on consumption, some may reinvest in that fund or other assets, some may use it to offset the negative gearing on other growth assets. But hopefully all part of a bigger strategy or optimised investment structure.

Are there funds out there doing better at the moment...sure. But equally there are plenty of funds, particularly value managers and those who didn't jump on the "commodities train" who are underperforming the broader market.

Can individual traders running their own strategies do better? Certainly that's possible. Does everyone have the time or skill or desire to build their own trading strategy and then execute it with discipline? No. Managed funds, including NI, therefore have a place in your investing toolkit.

I'm sure if you have a look you can find some other managed funds to include in your Chaser style war on everything. :)

I don't recall Peter Spamm :D getting a bollocking when his earlier property managed funds underperformed.

Let it go mate. It's just not worth the angst.

Cheers
N.

Back to the Bat cave

NigelW said:
Shall I bring you a cape for that crusade? ;) I'm sure all somersoftians are grateful for your eternal vigilence.

I'm sure if you have a look you can find some other managed funds to include in your Chaser style war on everything. :)

I don't recall Peter Spamm :D getting a bollocking when his earlier property managed funds underperformed.

Let it go mate. It's just not worth the angst.

Cheers
N.

mmm

So I'm accused of having a chaser war on every thing and having eternal vigilence, and then not giving Peter Spann a bollocking.....

Nigel . The implication is that it's ok for people to make posts that continual support one view point, but if someone disagree with someones view point and wants to continuall point out flaws ( as one sees them arise ) it's not ok to do that . Is that how you thing the forum should work .

One set of rules for supporters and one set of rules for detractors ...

Maybe I will let it go and maybe it's not worth the angst considering the number of pm's I've had over this post .

Personally I thought my original observation was worth noting , but it seems not

See Change

see_change said:
mmm

So I'm accused of having a chaser war on every thing and having eternal vigilence, and then not giving Peter Spann a bollocking.....

Nigel . The implication is that it's ok for people to make posts that continual support one view point, but if someone disagree with someones view point and wants to continuall point out flaws ( as one sees them arise ) it's not ok to do that . Is that how you thing the forum should work .

One set of rules for supporters and one set of rules for detractors ...

Maybe I will let it go and maybe it's not worth the angst considering the number of pm's I've had over this post .

Personally I thought my original observation was worth noting , but it seems not

See Change

Seech

You know I respect your results and views. But I don't think your post added anything to a sensible debate about investment in general, equities or managed funds in particular.

Perhaps I should have said "a chaser war on everything NavraInvest related".

It seems to me that you find it some sort of personal affront that some people are, in your view, overly and unjustifiably enthusiastic about the results of NavraInvest's dollar cost trading methodology. No doubt all those investors, whether they be shareholders or unitholders, read the disclosure documents and know what sort of investment they've made. Why not leave them to enjoy their returns.

All the best
N.

Pitt St said:
Jacque

I *think* it is a reference to nat r who has made 113 posts, 114 of which are highly critical of derixex and/or deride anyone associated with them.

I could be wrong.

Mark
Thanks for reminding me :( I still carry some scars. LOL

see_change said:

No, it wasn't worth making. Looking back over your posts you definitely seem to have a vendetta against Mr Navra. You will obviously disagree with this and probably feel justified in making your comments.

What exactly was the purpose of this thread?

TakeStock

see_change said:

No ...

Actually, the performance fee at the moment is only calculated annually. At the moment,from 1 July 05, it's fairly close- 16.72% Navra, 16.93% on the ASX200. That may change to quarterly next financial year.

Quarterly- ASX 200- 8.5%, 2.6%, 7.7%, -2.5%
Navra- 10.2%, .27%, 4.82%, 0.78%

They would have received a performance fee for Quarter 1 and Quarter 4 (if quarter 4 had ended today); the performance fee would have effectively left a zero return to unit holders. (edit: in Quarter 4 only)

Last edited:
Back