Is a $125 fee for a quote reasonable??

Kitkat said:
An added insult to this situation is that I have just called the company involved and arranged FREE QUOTE for work on my current house. They were adamant that they do not charge for quotes. My question is then who is getting the $125 payment?

I am now not quite sure of what to do! How easy is it to ditch property managers after only 4 weeks of a tenancy??????????/

I rest my case!

Kitkat

There is no way I would be paying this. If the PM is local to you, take yourself down there and ask to speak to the principal. You are being ripped off blind. If they have screwed you once they will do it again. Once you have it sorted with the principal ask him or her how much notice do you have to give and have a letter typed up with a blank date and fill it out in front of them and hand it to them personally.

Cheers

CK

Good point Aceyducey, I am going to get in contact with another agency today and see what they can do for me. I think I decided that I would screw them for a bit, but really there is no point is there?

At bare minimum the property manager should at least have acknowledged that something was not right and pursued it themselves, instead of "sitting back pretty" and allowing me to be screwed over. Then I would have had some faith in their priorities. She actually told me that I could take it up with the company involved!

Kitkat, Could it be that once you got the tradesmans advice/quote, you then used that info to do it yourself. If that is the case,then call it a consultation fee. Nobody works for free.

In addition to Caramellokoala's letter, add into it that as you are not satisfied you are taking up your option for free property management for the rest of the period. Instruct the PM that they are not empowered to act as your agent (although they are employed by you) and immediately appoint someone else with full agency powers.

Seems to cover all bases.

welcome to the game

Hi Kitkat.
Game on.
Welcome to the game...
the *******s are the best teachers... the money $125 is irrelevent... they won"t get it in 200 in years from you, make that clear to them... then instruct them to get a suitable tenant quick smart, So we can get on with business.
Regards Geoff

Problem is that they do have my $125 and I am still waiting for the $50ish refund.

I have been waiting to to get this money back before ditching them, and in this period of time they have deposited a very large sum of money into my account in error (should just keep it!). They also didn't follow my instructions of getting the ducted heating fixed and went for a "quote" instead on Saturday when I had wanted it fixed. Therefore I am paying for another quote and then again to have it fixed.

By the way these agents have been voted property manager of the year!

Not waiting beyond Monday any more, am going to say goodbye to the $125 and goodbye to their services!

Kitkat,

Ditch them NOW then go to small claims.

It's not worth increasing your risk of more mistakes by continuing to use them.

If necessary threaten to go to the press with the story of how the property manager of the year really conduct their business - the press could come up with a really good headline!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Aceyducey said:
If necessary threaten to go to the press with the story of how the property manager of the year really conduct their business - the press could come up with a really good headline!

Perhaps a "really good headline" if they're a regular source of income to the press like the RE/ property manager probably is.

A86

Back