Is anyone buying now?!

Are you buying or looking at buying in the next few months?

• Yes

Votes: 250 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 121 23.7%
  • Only if it's a very good deal

Votes: 140 27.4%

• Total voters
I'm with Locko!

Shouldn't there be a rule that you can't vote in a poll without writing a post?
Yeah, but someone might just throw in a post of "the wheels on the bus go round and round" etc; just to register, and thus add a useless post like I just did. :D

I am trying to buy one right now.....

Negotiations with seller have hit a stalemate....

They "apparently" won't budge below a certain figure....

I "apparently" won't go higher than my last offer :)

The thing is I reckon it's still a good buy at the price they won't budge lower than....I just want a better deal.....greedy investor aren't I?

And I thought that all investors did was push up the prices of homes.....here I am trying to negotiate lower.

It's my own personal contribution to keeping australian housing "affordable".....

Come on everyone!!!!

Let's all lowball from now on and do our bit for affordability.......

Nath

There are still some stubborn sellers. There's a place we've been looking at for a while. The vendor's still around 18% higher than the highest private offer he's received and that's over a period of 9 months.

Ha yes, these are the people who don't sell in booms in case it goes up more, and then want to sell for boom prices in flat/falling markets.

I think time to close this thread as it was started over 18months ago. In property terms that makes the poll irrelevant and title misleading.

Just my thoughts Peter 14.7

I think time to close this thread as it was started over 18months ago. In property terms that makes the poll irrelevant and title misleading.

Just my thoughts Peter 14.7
I think it's always a current thread and question;

Everyone's situation is different, and we keep getting new members on the forum who are about to start their investing path, and need to get a feel for what us "experts" are up to to help them move forward.

For the record, we haven't bought anything since moving back form the US in 2008 - (we bought a business; not any IP's) and we don't look like buying any IP's for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

I think it's always a current thread and question;

Everyone's situation is different, and we keep getting new members on the forum who are about to start their investing path, and need to get a feel for what us "experts" are up to to help them move forward.

For the record, we haven't bought anything since moving back form the US in 2008 - (we bought a business; not any IP's) and we don't look like buying any IP's for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Agree but the poll was taken in April 2011, getting almost 2 years ago. If a newbie say it they may well miss that. Maybe we need a new thread , same question, dated Jan 2013?

Peter

ip that will become our ppor in 2-4yrs time. exit from the pilbara. in sunbury vic. close to schools for our little boy. close to family so she can have support when i go fifo. 30mins to the airport. and we did live in the area (more north tho) prior to moving to WA.
i think its more a lifestyle purchase rather than a investment purchase. plus it gives me a chance to fix things up a bit and get a little bit of deductions on it. :)

Looks like I'll be taking a breather.

Want to buy, but circumstances requires me to wait until July 13, when I've done my 11/12 returns and get an interim 12/13 to get those two years worth of financials that lenders just want to fawn over.

As soon as you don't work for an income and retire on the rent, lenders get picky. :mad:

Back