Is anyone on here a West Sydney Plumber/Handyman or can recommend one?

Hi all,

We have recently gone unconditional on in IP in West Sydney. Settlement is booked in for 9th October.

I'm in Melbourne and we have a great agent in Sydney to look after the property once we settle so I have no real need to visit it.

The building report showed a leaking shower base and rotten timbers in the sub floor under because of it. There's also a few minor issues that need a bit of TLC.

I spoke to the inspector and he outlined the issue with the shower base, essentially we just need the lower tiles stripped, new waterproof membrane and a re-tile and tidy up.

The timbers underneath need to be replaced but there is heaps of space and access to do it from under the house. He saw no issues with being able to get and and do the work and although they need replacing, he didn't see it a huge job.

The minor bits were mainly just some ceiling lining sagging needs whics needs screwing/nailing back to the timbers behind and maybe a paint touch up locally.

The shower base fix is the main thing I need looking at and wondered if anyone on here is in that line of work and is local? I'd like to tee something up so that on settlement day you can get the keys from our agent, get in, get it fixed up and back out all before the first tenant sets foot through the door?

Obviously, being out of state I'm reluctant to simply cold call a plumber and let them get on with it so thought I'd ask on here if anyone would like to quote me for the work, or can recommend a trustworthy tradie that can?

My property manager has some contacts and they are quite happy to manage it for me too if need be, but I thought I may get a better price by not going through them, not to mention giving a forumite some work if anyone around is suitable.

I have the building report with photo's if anyone wants a have a look for a ball park guesstimate.

Thanks,

Tone.

I have been using Kookaburra Plumbing for years, they are based in Western Sydney and are well priced and can arrange re-tiling as well through their tiler.

02 9673 0033

Back