is there such thing as spotters fee ?

i've been talking to a neighbour he also wants to sell his house well more like only land value left..

we both have old houses that are not worth anything but joint land of around 700 sqm approx each.

thats 1400 sqm between us. 32 meter frontage x 44 -46 ish.

if i approach a builder would they be interested ?
would i get a spotter's fee ? how much it is worth ?

we were going to go halfs in a duel sale with one agent to save on advertising..
anyone has any bright ideas ??

Why not approach all the local agents and tell them what you and the neighbour have to offer and see if they have any builders who are interested.

I think trying to get a spotters fee would not be the right thing to do, but that's just me.

if i approach a builder would they be interested ?
You can only ask. In the current financial environment builder/developers are finding it difficult to get construction finance.

would i get a spotter's fee ?
For doing what? YOU are 1/2 the vendor in this deal - pretty unlikely I would think.

anyone has any bright ideas ??
Yes, as wylie said - approach a couple of the active REAs in your area. They will probably cut you a deal on their commission (??) and will also have a database of builder/developers they could offer your properties to.

spotter's fee is finding fee for the deal... so instead of selling through a agent i save money, other vendor save money, and i also make money :p sounds like good idea, and the developers know they can pay less as it wont go through an agent... so in the end everyone wins xcept the REA :p

does not matter if i am a vendor or not does it ? i know it seems unfair for other vendor. but i am only one going to be actively seeking this opportunity.

and another problem is my neighbour wants to rent back for a year or 2 lol =\

Just because you don't own the other one doesn't matter.

There are lots of people who live on the money they make finding suitable places for developers to develop.

Carly Crutchfield pays up to $35,000. But this is too small for her.

I'd ring her office and see if any of her graduates are interested.

This is exactly how she started out. Found a block for sale and told her boss, who then paid her a spotters fee.

or Google property developer. Ring a few.

got offer through agent a developer offered 320k a block so 640k for 1400 sqm.

tempting but my neighbour isnt ready to sell, i tried to tell him now is the best time otherwise forget about selling it for this price later. (in next 12 months)

he wants to stay where he is for another 6 months without an axe over his head lol... and only few days ago he said he would sell for 300k... i am getting messed about so i decided i will stay here move in and live... and in 6 months time i will try and buy his house for cheaper then what ever offer it is now...

and stick to my plan to develop 4 town houses.

first thing first i gotta finish my truck liscence and get a job lol.

thanks for the advice, ifound a developer paying a ok price, but my neighbour did a runner, he and his wife wouldnt even let me & agent come on his property to inspect, but its ok for him to walk through my house and property.

i'll wait for opportunity to take out his property and sell the whole lot myself or become developer myself.

Where abouts is the suburb?
Can you get the $320k for just your block? Then it wouldn't be of any concern to you if your neighbour sells or not.

Gools

320k with 20k deposite and 6 month settlement if both blocks are sold same time.

gools just click on my link u know suburb.

Back