Is this considered fraud?

For what it is worth I think the money is gone and hard as it is, try to see it as lesson paid for in full. We all get ripped off once. It could have been worse.

Consider kitchen auctions, go and see kitchen suppliers and see if they have a reject or a old display stock worth getting or best of all, TRY the trading post as it has has full kitchen including appliances for sale for not much is you remove from Sydney rich areas where they upgrade often.

Best of luck , Peter 147

I think you're right Peter... i've pretty much kissed it goodbye and have arranged another guy to do it if he doesn't come through next week.

But i'm also gonna make sure this guy doesn't walk away too easily and apply as much pressure as i can.

Good on ya Capitalist

Screw him to the wall if you can!

Some examples of pain you may wish to consider for him:

ATO he must be dodgy here , cry tax cheat and let the ATO "dogs of war" make his life hell

HIA & MBA Kitchen Division probably not a member but alert his name for members to know when sub-contracting

SMALL CLAIMS as stated earlier

A LETTER TO THE PAPER sometime useful even for public shame content

OTHER shall we say, karma like responses. What goes around , comes around. :mad:

Keep it all to your self and dont let him know. You dont want your place burn't down one night.

Good luck, Peter 147

Capitalist,

Fraud offences almost always require an 'intent to defraud' at the time the transaction takes place. So if he makes the deal intending to do as he promises (which is what he'll say), then things go wrong for him etc and he defaults on his obligation in some way as a result then there'll never be enough for a fraud charge.

You basically need to show he was lying from the start.

If you could show that he took your money knowing that he could not complete the job, or show he never intened to complete the job, you'd be on the way towards a fraud charge. This is very difficult to prove however and as a general rule, unless you come up with significant evidence supporting the above, the police wont be overly interested. On a prioritisation basis the odds of a successful prosecution are slim so they wont waste the resources.

Doesn't help you much I know. Just thought I'd let you know what I thought about the Fraud aspect of your problem.

MF

Back