Is Toukley & Budgewoi in Central Coast NSW are a good suburb for investment?

I'm live in Sydney and looking for house in the Central Coast- NSW for investment and future retirement. The suburb that I've have been searching at Toukley & Budgewoi are looking quite good location in term of near water ( lake & beach) also near shopping Cole supermarket

Can anyone guide me if it is a good suburb in terms of rental and CG?
Also are any good and bad in this particular area?

Also are any good and bad in this particular area?

There are good and bad in almost every area. Are you meaning people or properties?

In relation to Toukley & Budgewoi:
There is an Aldi as well as a Coles now.
Many parts of Toukley are zoned for units & villas now - so you may find the prices higher than Budgy.
If I was buying for retirement, I'd pick Budgy - it has been a bit of a sleeper but is close to lakes & beaches. Actually they have both been sleepers for a good many years now as you can see from the CG chart.

Rents have gone up everywhere. You can check vacancy rates at www.sqmresearch.com.au
You can check av. rental yields at http://www.investsmart.com.au/property/search.asp

See attached chart for last 15 yrs CG lines are CG, bars are number of sales.
Cheers,

Attachments

• ToukleyVsBudgewio.jpg
    ToukleyVsBudgewio.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 292
Has been some council talk about small highrise around the Toukley
shopping centre, from memory 4-5 story.

If your looking for PPOR I would prefer Budgy over Toukley, more quiet
and less traffic, quicker to the Freeway than negotiating the horrendous
Wanervale road from Toukley during peak times.
Budgy/Buff point featured a few years back as a top ten hot spot before
things cooled.

A lot refer to halekulani as Budgewoi so search both areas Budgy is the
beach side over the bridge.

Any flooding issue for these suburbs? They don't look much higher than the sea level.

They are considerably higher than sea level, I assure you. :)

However, check the S149 certificate in the contract of sale, and see if it is in a 1-100 yr flood zone. Many lake front properties are. (and insurance for flood is expensive lately, if you require it).

You could also try Noraville, which is sort of like Toukley east. Better surf at Norah Head than Budgewoi, if you are into that. Lakefont area of Lake Munmorah is nicish too.
Cheers, Ali

I second Lake Munmorah, with the new woollies due to be up and running some time in 2013.

There are some nice quiet pockets in Noraville too.

Back