It's All Orange Outside

Pretty freaky. Cannot see the city buildings at all now. It is like War of the Worlds. Houses a few streets away are fading.

the haze was purple, but he could see a red house over yonder.
I'm seeing a red suburb over yonder.
The purple haze may come soon, though could be sped up with a few cognacs.

when it lifts everything will have a greenish tint to it - so no purple haze.

so i take it half of Victoria's food bowl's topsoil is now in your coffee?

my brothers place at bundeena in march and then this morning.... bit of a difference eh? hope I uploaded these right......

Attachments

• Port Hacking 17 March 2009 001.jpg
    Port Hacking 17 March 2009 001.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 52
We shut all our windows at 11:30 as we started to taste it in the air. The colour outside has changed quite a bit over the last hour or so.

when it lifts everything will have a greenish tint to it - so no purple haze.
so i take it half of Victoria's food bowl's topsoil is now in your coffee?

No chance i'm huddled up inside with all the windows & doors locked!
And my (black) car is in the garage.
But is is all over my back yard bbq area & patio (most of the back yard).
Hopefully it will rain soon and wash it away...
and thnx, another coffee is a great idea!

We have just been out in the car and all the windscreens had a strange blue tint where the sun was hitting the glass. The dust must be obscuring something and things just look eerie.

I cannot believe how fast it rolled in. We can hardly see the houses just across the way.

The light now is as if someone is shining a torch through fog and yellow celophane - really weird.

well elfie - come and take it back !!;)

hubby also left a couple of windows ajar last night, but as the house is a renovation dust bowl anyhow, it didn't really matter.

damn glad those 5 huge diseased (massive borer problem) sydney blue gums were removed from my yard last week tho!!

Dusty

In North Brisbane it's very dusty, though not the red as mars look like Sydney yet.

Cafe shop had someone permanently at the door to open/close it for the customers.

Our floorboards were feeling a bit powdery under our feet so we decided to mop, and found red dust everywhere. The sky is looking a little brighter than it was at midday though.

My internets been playing up. Very slow, and half the pages wouldn't come up. Got up on the roof 10 minutes ago and wiped off the film of dust from the satellite dish, and it's now working fine.

Check out this picture, from 'dust bowl wikipedia'.....

800px-Dust_Bowl_-_Dallas_South_Dako.jpg

South Dakota, 1936.

I don't think this could happen today. Farming methods have improved greatly. People leave stubble on top of the ground, and hardly plough at all these days.

See ya's.

I think it was a sterling idea to set up the weather to go from west to east.

Whoever set that up did a great job.

BTW - if half of Broken Hill is now in Sydney and Brisbane, does that mean BHP still has the rights to the minerals all over your backyards ??

Howzabout youse guys clean that lot up and then we'll see what else we can throw at yas.

Have fun !!! :)

BTW - if half of Broken Hill is now in Sydney and Brisbane, does that mean BHP still has the rights to the minerals all over your backyards ??

Howzabout youse guys clean that lot up and then we'll see what else we can throw at yas.

Have fun !!! :)

You'se ain't getting any of this fine red stuff back Dazz. It's all mine.

Does BHP mine Iron..??

duststormsept09005.jpg

See ya's.

Back