Jan's Sydney meeting

Anyone from the forum going on Wed night to the Parra seminar?
Would prefer to sit next to a familiar face rather than by myself :)

Hi Sim!
Rydges Parramatta 116-118 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill (virtually opposite racetrack) 6pm for a 7pm start
1800 352 165

Yes, but WHAT is the seminar ? Who is running it ? Who is speaking ? What is the content ?

Its the Jan Somers seminar/talk i think. I saw an add in the Sunday Herald for it. $50 a ticket.

that is the xmen 2 opening night luckily there is also city session

the details from SMH Sat

Both 6pm for 7pm start
Wed Rydges Parramatta
Thur Masonic Centre Ionic Room Goulburn St City
$50 a pop

Presented by The Investment Focus P/L

1800 352 165

i dont think i can make either

Originally posted by XBenX
that is the xmen 2 opening night luckily there is also city session
Ah, so that's where your name comes from... the tenth film in a series of film about yourself!

the X's are meant to be for straight edge

like the straight edge punk movement

Im not as straight edge as I used to be...

straight edge is essentially a counter-culture which discourages drug use, alcohol use its all about taking as much personal control over your own life as possible

Its roots are in early punk

wierd huh :)

OK all here is my official report from the talk at Parramatta on Wed night.

1. Jan Somers was a guest speaker of the sponsored group called Investment Focus. If anyone has any information on them or has had dealings, I'd be interested in hearing from them :)
Basically appeared to be a group of Qld real estate agents operating workshops designed to get you "started" in PI. The sting being, of course, that you buy the houses (new) that they later recommend. Hmmm.....

2. Jan's talk was brief and basic- nothing new for me, but I'm sure newtime investors would have enjoyed the presentation. She was enjoyable to listen to (lots of anecdotes) and was well received (you go Jan!!)

3. Jan's books were sold afterwards and coffee and tea were provided. No tim-tams, unfortunately :)

Alas, I didn't see any familiar faces but didn't get to sit next to any dogs either!!

Jax reporting. Over and out......

I went to the meeting in the city tonight - there were about 40 to 50 people there. I have not heard Jan speaking before. Her talk was designed to whet appetite for people to start taking actions on property investment - leading to the workshops (5 hours duration) to be conducted by the Investment Focus Group. I have not read any of Jan's books, and bought 2 for $40 - a saving of some $15 on recommended retail price.

I, too, would like to know a bit more about the Investment Focus Group - which is a Qld based organisation. They said the workshops are free, but there must be a catch on running them. I hope they do not apply hard sell pressures tactics in these workshops as this would turn me off completely.

Jan's talk (about 1 hour) was based on materials in her books and the article on her in the API magazine.

thanks for the exec summary guys it is appreciated

it great if you miss these things to be able to get an idea about what went on

Investment Focus Group workshop

to Babushka:

Do u have the details for the Investment Focus Group workshop? I wish to get into contact with them as I am currently looking into investing in Brisbane. Thanks

The Investment Focus P/L details are as follows:

Level 5, Waterside East, Holden Place, Bundall QLD 4217
Tel 07 5510 3553, Fax 07 5510 3554

In the talk, they gave out a sheet of info on 3 people in the company: Anthea Nicholas, Robert Schinasi & Heath Burns. They do not appear to have a website. They said they have been running seminars in conjunction with Jan Somers for a number of years.

PS - I forgot to mention in my previous post that the books sold by Jan Somers at the Sydney meetings were autographed.

Back