Jetstar International experience

Hello there, just want to get some feedback if anyone has travel on Jetstar International flights. I am thinking of using Jetstar as it is much cheaper at around $750 per person from Sydney to Singapore as I am also travelling to Japan also. The other deal is to fly with Singapore Airline around $1,100 per person. The reason of my concern is because of the transfer via Darwin (3 hours) and also if the flight has been delayed, will the connection plane wait?

I was thinking of getting Singapore airline Sydney - Japan- Singapore - Sydney - however it costs $1,530 per person.

Thanks

Jas

My wife and I have flown with Jetstar to Osaka, and my wife has also used them to Vietnam. The latter involved a delayed flight home, but they were put up in a good hotel (that doesn't always happen, but they'd copped a lot of flak shortly before that, so it might have been a PR thing). The Osaka flights had no problems at all.

GP

Marg and GP

Thank you so much for your reply- really appreciated. It makes me feel more assured especially if you have not fly with them before. It saves me a lot of money and more $ to spend with my family and friends.

Regards
Jasmine

We were married in Hawaii last year and alot of our friends and family used Jetstar - overall, everything was fine. Make sure to order the meals/entertainment units, etc when you book your tickets (don't wait until you get on the plane, because they didn't have enough).

Cheers,
Jen

Hi. The plane will not leave Darwin without you. It would be nearly empty without that connecting flight. You only really have trouble with connecting flights if they are with a different airline.

When you compare costs though don't forget to add the food cost ($30- covers for both flights) plus entertainment. This may make the prices comparable.

Went Sydney-Darwin-Ho Chi Minh City. I didn't get the food. Just had lunch before I left. Had a snack in Darwin. Not worth $30 in my opinion. I wasn't interested in the movies.

I flew home with Thai Airlines. They are my preferred airline in Asia.

Just got back from NZ and travelled Sydney to Christchurch on Jetstar. No problems really. Just remember to factor in the fact that you will be purchasing your entertainment screen ($10) and any food (not cheap if you are hungry!)... so my hubby and i paid close to an extra $50 on these things flying jetstar. Planes were fine, although because my hubby is 6ft 7in we were in the exit row so had plenty of room.. the normal seats looked a tad squissy.

Back