JUNE Melbourne MSN/Somersoft meeting

Folks,

Y-man was kind enough to make all the relevant room bookings at Deakin, with full details below.

The June Melbourne Meeting is scheduled for:

Thursday 26th June
6:30pm in BA1002 at Swinburne University
Hawthorn Campus

As always, everyone is welcome.

Please take note of parking restrictions (and never believe what I tell you about closing times of car parks!)

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

MannyB.

thanks manny, i'll try to make it - thursday nights not always good for me, but certainly appreciate your efforts in getting it organised

ned

Hi Kristie,

no agenda/theme has been set, so if there is something you would like discussed, bring along the thought/idea (basically having an open agenda to discuss topics of interest & answer questions)... GoAnna did mention that she would like to chat about development &/or bring in some plans to get ideas on development choices, so if she does come along, that may be a topic of discussion...

Now for the July meeting, I will try pre-book the venue here at Footscray to give everyone a full month's notice & will see if we can bring along a guest speaker for that (anyone with a guest speaker may want to liase with me to make relevant arrangements)...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Manny

On the subject of development, I'll bring the development plans for the Myrtle Cottage subdivision.

If anyone / the group is interested, I'm happy to do a short presentation on the process which I have gone through with this development, the 'if only I'd known' pitfalls, and the 'that went smoothly' bits.

I'm not trying to hog the limelight, just share my experiences in a factual way

Cheers

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

good iea... I'll bring along some of my plans as well then & discuss things I learnt from my subdivision process (although my latest stint at development is still at sketch form, so too early to comment/discuss this as yet)...

Reminder: we need someone to volunteer to arrange a lunch gathering (ie. at a restaurant) so we can all get together for a social gathering, preferably on a Saturday... we will discuss this @ the meeting...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Last edited:
I will be there with my new plans that I am excited about!

Look forward to swapping plans and sharing ideas :eek:)

I have also recently attended an interesting interior design workshop and have heard about the latest trends heading our way !

Looking forward to it , though will be 30-60 min late.

Maybe I could bring my town assessment spreadsheet, though I've already posted an xls copy here, and some of the more experienced seem do a lot of this in their head rather than on paper.

Peter

Folks,

what can I say, the evening went very well... 25 of us did get together & shared lots of invaluable information (keeping to the development theme for the night). Special thanx go out to:

Yman for arranging the great venue @ Swinburne
Kristine for sharing her development experiences
Anita (GoAnna) for sharing her current development
& everyone for attending & contributing to the evening...

Note: Ruby has taken up the challenge to arrange for a lunch-time venue for a social gathering (focussing on venues that are child-friendly)... watch out for this space as we may all want to contribute towards Ruby's suggestions &/or make suggestions to Ruby for this social gathering (suggested for a Saturday lunch)...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Originally posted by GoAnna!
I will be there with my new plans that I am excited about!

Look forward to swapping plans and sharing ideas :eek:)

I have also recently attended an interesting interior design workshop and have heard about the latest trends heading our way !

Hi GoAnna, I was unable to make it to the meeting, but
myself and im sure others on the forum would be interested to hear about the workshop you attended.
regards steven.

Hi Steven

Acually we never got to talk about the workshop this last meeting...we got carried away on Kristine's development and my plans.

Perhaps we could put it on the agenda for next meeting along with Manny's plans and you could come too !

Back