Just had breakfast with John McGrath....

Just had breakfast this morning with John McGrath... and about 120x others as well for a McGrath R/E marketing exercise.
What was the best part?.... Eggs benedict and coffee.:rolleyes:

Have heard him speak when he wasn't marketing (at a Peter Spann do) and he was excellent. From dismal marks at year 12 and injuries which stopped his dream of rugby league to where he is. Good on him.

absolutely, a great achiever and speaker.
was just hoping for some good insights etc though unfortunately didn't prevail.
hence goods eggs benny & coffee.

absolutely, a great achiever and speaker.
was just hoping for some good insights etc though unfortunately didn't prevail.
hence goods eggs benny & coffee.

I used to love listening to the early "Hot Topics" CD's when Lee Woodward used to interview John McGrath to discuss sales strategies, scripts and dialogues etc. Best training I ever had. If you have never listened to these, I would recommend it.

John is better as speaker at how to build a business via marketing than property. And I have had a few one on one meetings. It is not his fault. He is but jaded, I mean what else can he achieve.

Peter

John is better as speaker at how to build a business via marketing than property. And I have had a few one on one meetings. It is not his fault. He is but jaded, I mean what else can he achieve.

Peter
The talk I heard, following on from his failure to success story, was about building wealth through real estate- and his view on the Sydney real estate market. He was excellent- though I'm not sure about his predictions, as I can't remember any after a number of years.

The talk I heard, following on from his failure to success story, was about building wealth through real estate- and his view on the Sydney real estate market. He was excellent- though I'm not sure about his predictions, as I can't remember any after a number of years.

John is in the "buy REA in Sydney it always goes up" group. Which in time is right. Does not really talk deprecation et all but more buy the best you can afford in the best suburb. Sydney centric because they really only sell there.

What he has achieved with John McGrath Real Estate, then McGrath Partners and now just McGrath is an amazing story of reinventing to suit the market. A truly modern business.

He invented the glossy mag for advertising that presents as a Lifestyle Mag. He moved the website to the front and key point for marketing. I have sold 2 props through them and each time got an excellent return.

Regards Peter 14.7

He's a real estate agent, very big in Sydney- his name is well known because his agency bears his name.

I believe he started by niche marketing prestige properties, which was perhaps new at the time.

Back