Kewdale R20 Property

Gday,

I have an R20 zoned (763m2) investment property in Kewdale, Perth which I am looking to battle axe in the future. Currently the lot size is too small to achieve the "average" lot size of 450m2 (even with the 5% reduction). I can get within 5% of the min 350m2 lot size at the front and 5% of the 450m2 battle axe block, but not the average. Having looked around the similar sized R20 lots near my house Im not seeing anything happening on lots this size (yet). Apparently the zoning will be reviewed again in 2016 and hopefully a revised coding would let me do this in the future.

In the meantime, just wondering if anyone has had any success getting land division approval with City of Belmont (or other councils) without meeting the average lot size requirement and if so on what grounds was it approved.

Any comments appreciated.

Colin

Hi colin

You haven't quite grasped the r-codes yet. To put it simply for a site to comply you need to times the average lot size by 2. Then it is stca if they approve it within the 5% variation. So minimum for r20 is 855m2.

How the minimum works is to counter for awkwardly placed houses so that you can divide that 900m2 block into one 350m2 block and keep the house on a 550m2 block. The two blocks still need to equall 2x the average but it just lets you keep a house if its in the middle of the block.

Three options. Hope zoning changes in future. Buy or team up with a neighbour. Build a granny flat for a higher yeild.

Hope this helps.

Back