Subdividing R20 Blocks with 5% Variation - Perth

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions about subdividing an R20 block in the City of Stirling in Perth, WA.

I understand the minimum lot size for r20 is 350sqm and an average of 450sqm.

The block I am looking at is 860sqm - So it falls just short of the average lot size requirement. I understand you can apply to for a 5% variation to the average lot size under the following conditions:

The variation reduces the average lot size of the overall subdivision by no more than 5% of the average lot size specified in Table 1 or elsewhere in the R-Codes; and,

The applicant has provided information that demonstrates the variation will have a beneficial outcome for the community, or the WAPC forms the opinion that it will have a beneficial outcome for the community.
More info.

I have read the requirements for the "beneficial outcome for the community" but I am not confident I can meet any of the requirements. Therefore I have a couple of questions:

1 - Does anyone have experience subdividing r20 blocks under 900sqm in the city of stirling? We were hoping to do a side by side split.

2- Does anyone have experience passing the "beneficial outcome" requirements?

Thank you for your help!
Matt

I dont think you will have a problem getting it through but as always it is stca. I dont know stirling well enough to comment on how they will assess it.

Whats the frontage? I think two street front blocks will help your cause.

Cheers

If its a 24m frontage then make each one 12m and apply for 5%.

Each one has sufficient street frontage to the main street, arent battleaxe and will probably have a example of a similar subsivision nearby so can argue a desired future streetscape character.

Bugger Stirling anyway - just go straight to WAPC and deal with any comments thru them.

Back